(#22 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
08-22-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The prices to have it done are truly outrageous. There is a small shop near me that specializes in decorating items, and they often send out flyers that have me choking. I`m going to guess that the reason most people do it themselves is because it does cost so much.

I really think it`s just gaudy and seriously overdone. An accent is one thing, but I`ve seen so many fake flowers, plastic desserts and mini-teddy bears on a single phone that it can`t even be opened properly. And that`s not the exception - the little crystals only style is.
I really don't get it. Can you shed a little cultural light on this? My girlfriend and I were watching that special last night about it and gagging. The fake desserts I can kinda understand because Japan is pretty much the leader in fake foods (best menu ever). But everything else... and the complete lack of moderation.... ugh *twitch*

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Natsuhito (Offline)
New to JF

08-22-2009, 12:49 AM

Wow, some of that is quite beautiful. It's very much art, in my opinion. Yet, there is a thin line between art and kitsch. I'd imagine that line gets crossed quite frequently.

I couldn't imagine customizing my electronics like that...well, they wouldn't be like that, they would be significantly more manly; I'd make my electroincs look more sci-fi or post-apocalyptic, for example...but anyway, I can not imagine putting all that work into decorating something that is probably going to get beat-up with use over time.

My cellphone and laptop are not worth decorating, besides.

~Seikima-II Albums Owned: 12; Needed: 11
~Seikima-II Singles Owned: 26; Needed: 1
--Does anyone have 'Big Time Surrender'?

ROCK IN THE KINGDOM!

Last edited by Natsuhito : 08-22-2009 at 12:51 AM. Reason: I revised my opinion.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
JustinATTACK (Offline)
Wtf does *glomps* mean??

Send a message via AIM to JustinATTACK
08-22-2009, 02:01 AM

It's like a super orgy of bright and sparkly things!
I so don't like it.
HaHa

Maybe if it wasn't shiny it wouldn't look so tacky to me.
Idk, Seems to me that something like that would get annoying after a while right? And you can't change it once it's on either.

Seems like a bad idea unless you're a thirteen year old girl with nothing better to do that to bedazzle the shit out of anything and everything you own.

"Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard." Miyamoto Musashi
(#25 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

08-22-2009, 02:24 AM

wow that takes dedication to put each little glittery jewl on there like that, that's really pretty, now i feel inspired to decorate my phone :/ lol.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
nanda (Offline)
What are u looking at?

08-22-2009, 03:17 AM

im still looking for perfect color and design for my new phone.
it's slide, not bar or clamshell like i had before so i think it'd be more difficult to decorate.
perhaps im gonna go w/ stickers instead of diamantes this time.

Pain is inevitable
Suffering is optional
(#27 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

08-22-2009, 11:04 AM

i THINK they use a mixture of two superglues/epoxy glues to stick them on, once they're on, they cannot be taken off, but you can move them around if the glue is still wet.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"