JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
cammie099 (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2009, 11:55 PM

yea i want to i probably will but i dont want them to disown me ya know. ahhhhhhhh i wish i had a pen pal in japan i saw a couple of those forums for it but i wouldent be able to understand it lol. i will wear decora accesories i can find like hello kitty is cute, but probably not all the way tear tear

yeaaaaa

Your Random, Crazy, Funloving, Harajuku Fashion Lover, Cammi.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

01-04-2009, 01:34 AM

*slaps Forehead*
I agree with super heel.
I personally don't like decora. It's just way too OTT and gets you nowhere except looking like a wapanese. or just you don't have a clue how to dress. [I for one, thinks it lacks sophistication]

But no need to attack saaxu there, I see his mentality, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO WASTE YOUR ENERGY ARGUEING WITH YOUR PARENTS? I've been there done that a hundred times round and every time it's as tiring as ever and you get no where.

Tone it down, and do it when your parents aren't looking.
Im not saying, to not be proud of who you are, but check the situation.
You can't apply, 'I have to express myself' to every freakin' situation...
For instance, if you were to go for a job interview, you would NOT turn up in decora. If your parents have the same mentality, why push it? and they don't seem very open anyways. Just apply what you wear sensibly.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#13 (permalink))
Old
HeatherJam (Offline)
New to JF

01-04-2009, 01:42 AM

If you like it then do it. I don't see the problem with it. I love Decora Fashion too! xD It's soo fun.

Heather JamJam
(#14 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-04-2009, 01:46 AM

I just google image searched "Decora fashion" and LOL'd at the result! do you really wanna dress like that?! looks they had a fight with someone elses washing line and lost! its hillarious!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#15 (permalink))
Old
HorroCandy (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 06:35 PM

That sounds horrible..maybe they think that if you wear in decora, you could be bullied or something like that. But don't give up.
Sorry my Englis
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Mizukei (Offline)
New to JF

01-25-2009, 02:38 PM

I would start off with something small, like accessories. Then start buying the clothes and stuff. Slowly add Decora to your wardrobe, this way it kind of eases you parents to get used to it. Good luck ^^
(#17 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM

Oh wauw, your entry almost stressed me out. xD All that 'ooooooo'-ing. Lengthening of the vocals. Eeehhh..

Anyway, depending on your age you need to accept your parents opinion. If they don't want you dressing like a Christmas tree - then you'll have to live with that.

Besides, loving decora doesn't mean you have to go all the way and look like some of the decora-tards in our JF gallery. You could just wear cute hair clips and such. Put on nailpolish and add small patterns. There's no need to overdo it. :3

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#18 (permalink))
Old
mangafreak (Offline)
EAT THE CAKE!

Decora - 01-31-2009, 09:33 PM

To kind of comment on this thread, I think most agree parents often aren't very open-minded. But hey, if they want to comment on how you dress, you can always open up their yearbook from like, the 1980's or whatever, and have a good laugh about their hairstyle, or that amazing neon colored tracksuit they used to wear.

"Why waste good technology on science and medicine? Play video games instead."
(#19 (permalink))
Old
AniMangaCat (Offline)
New to JF

Talking Hai! - 01-31-2009, 10:05 PM

same story lyk u, luv decora, parents hate it
just wear toned down decora then when u can move out wear full blown decora ! or slowly ease into decora dats wat im trying to do rite now!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
vaskajaheta (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to vaskajaheta Send a message via Skype™ to vaskajaheta
01-31-2009, 10:20 PM

haha thats why i love my mom! she loves it when i do wired stuff!! and when ppl tell her that i look stupid for having green hair she gose "im proud of my son! becuse he have the balls to be who he is so shut up or start runnin!"