JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Stores in NYC to find Japanese fashions? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/22327-stores-nyc-find-japanese-fashions.html)

NishiHime 01-11-2009 06:00 AM

Stores in NYC to find Japanese fashions?

I shop in Chinatown a lot here in NYC to find clothes that fit my petite frame at reasonable and affordable prices but would love to find some really great Japanese stores as well that sell cutting edge fashion. Any recommendations?

- Nishi

Nagoyankee 01-11-2009 06:06 AM

Have you been to UNIQLO? It may not offer "cutting edge" fashion but it's certainly one of the best-selling brands in Japan. Its "heat-tech" products would be great for the New York winter weather.

NishiHime 01-11-2009 06:12 AM

thank you Nagoyankee :) Are you by any chance from or in Nagoya and a Yankee fan to boot? ;) I actually didn't even think of UNIQLO but now that you mentioned it, I should definitely go! Thank you! :)

- Nishi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagoyankee (Post 662235)
Have you been to UNIQLO? It may not offer "cutting edge" fashion but it's certainly one of the best-selling brands in Japan. Its "heat-tech" products would be great for the New York winter weather.

Nagoyankee 01-11-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NishiHime (Post 662238)
thank you Nagoyankee :) Are you by any chance from or in Nagoya and a Yankee fan to boot? ;) I actually didn't even think of UNIQLO but now that you mentioned it, I should definitely go! Thank you! :)

- Nishi

I'm originally from Nagoya and I'm a Yankee fan as well since Hideki Matsui joined the team, so that's actually how my username is formed. :) I currently live in Tokyo, though.

NishiHime 01-11-2009 07:08 PM

LOL! That's so great! I watched the Yankees play 2 summers ago (I'm a fan of both the Yankees & the Mets - living in New York City you can't help but be pro-baseball here!) and it was an awesome game! :) Hideki Matsui rocks :) My friend Yumi lives in Nagoya and tells me all sorts of stories about her life there. It's definitely a place I'd love to visit one day - after Tokyo of course!! :) I'll let you know if I score any awesome clothes at UNIQLO! :D

- Nishi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagoyankee (Post 662241)
I'm originally from Nagoya and I'm a Yankee fan as well since Hideki Matsui joined the team, so that's actually how my username is formed. :) I currently live in Tokyo, though.

xYinniex 01-11-2009 10:11 PM

usually markets have some korean/japanese fashion stalls, but you really gotta look hard.

I heard H&M have co-joined with japanese label comme de garcon so give it a try?

Oh, and go on soompi, some girls there sell clothes from asia, they may live in your area and if you see something you like, you might be able to arrange a meetup.[providing they live in nyc] but its more korean clothes really.

jewelpre 01-12-2009 01:56 AM

Did you find any???

Keaton421 01-12-2009 01:58 AM

Hime wow r u a real prinzess?!

NishiHime 01-12-2009 05:01 AM

Thank you Yinnie :) I actually DO want to check out H&M's line of Comme de Garcon! :) Must wait until Friday (pay day) :)

- Nishi

Quote:

Originally Posted by xYinniex (Post 662511)
usually markets have some korean/japanese fashion stalls, but you really gotta look hard.

I heard H&M have co-joined with japanese label comme de garcon so give it a try?

Oh, and go on soompi, some girls there sell clothes from asia, they may live in your area and if you see something you like, you might be able to arrange a meetup.[providing they live in nyc] but its more korean clothes really.

NishiHime 01-12-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 662604)
Hime wow r u a real prinzess?!

LOL!! hahaha no silly :) pleasure to meet you though :)

- Nishi