JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do nonsense Kanji tattoos bother you?
Yes, I find it irritating 37 47.44%
No, I don't mind them. 41 52.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
tylersangle88 (Offline)
女, im a girl!

Send a message via AIM to tylersangle88 Send a message via MSN to tylersangle88 Send a message via Yahoo to tylersangle88 Send a message via Skype™ to tylersangle88
03-23-2009, 05:54 PM

I know what im getting myself into by getting the kanji for death put on my body and i know its going to offend people. but death is a part of all of us whether we like it or not and ive witnessed it more times than u can imagine so having it as a part of my body is my way of showing apretiation to the dead. i might sound crazy or stupid or whatever but its what i want. so dont criticize me about it because i know its going to offend people. hell the peace sign tattoo that im gonna get is gonna offend people but i dont care. its wat i like so im gonna get it. im not worried about what people think about me. im not sitting here bashing anybody that has given me a hard time bout this tattoo im just telling you to stop criticizing me. i just wanted to give my input and i told you my views about kanji tattoos and the one i plan to get. i didnt ask you to criticize me. we are all allowed to have our own opinion and views on things and im glad to hear everybodys views on this but im not only getting the symbol for death but the symbol for life and everybody seems to be dismissing that idea. because along with death comes life and vise versa. thank you for your time. oh and by the way, if you read all of this ensanely long post ur crazy because i wouldnt have. but if u do thanks for ur time.

[color="Magenta"]There is no better way to die than in ur lovers arms. [/COLOR]
IM THE QUEEN OF CYBER WHORES!!!! ^^ HEHE LOL

Anata Ga Suki!!!
[/size]
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

03-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersangle88 View Post
probly, its supposed to say tylers angel but i spelled angel wrong, still they shouldnt make assumptions as to the sex of the person talking unless they actually know wat they are talking about because that was majorly insulting for them to call me a he!
haha you shoudn't be mad. ^^v It was a honest mistake. *sings the Bravery, 'It was a honest mistake'*

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
tylersangle88 (Offline)
女, im a girl!

Send a message via AIM to tylersangle88 Send a message via MSN to tylersangle88 Send a message via Yahoo to tylersangle88 Send a message via Skype™ to tylersangle88
03-23-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexster View Post
haha you shoudn't be mad. ^^v It was a honest mistake. *sings the Bravery, 'It was a honest mistake'*
lol, ur so funny pex
still, they need to get their facts straight before assuming things, im just sayin.

[color="Magenta"]There is no better way to die than in ur lovers arms. [/COLOR]
IM THE QUEEN OF CYBER WHORES!!!! ^^ HEHE LOL

Anata Ga Suki!!!
[/size]
(#74 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

03-23-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersangle88 View Post
lol, ur so funny pex
still, they need to get their facts straight before assuming things, im just sayin.
Yeah i try......not really. :P

Yeah, I understand you.

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
PinkWolfy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to PinkWolfy
Talking 03-24-2009, 11:19 AM

w0w that is awesomely smexy hair!!!
sorry I have no advise I just thought I'd say that

Wolfyxx

~~Sarcasm is life
Sarcasm is my life~~
(#76 (permalink))
Old
VampireGirl1314 (Offline)
~I cant leave you~

Location: Japan 日本国, Jk Jk I live in Mexicali Mexico Baja California.
Send a message via MSN to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Yahoo to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Skype™ to VampireGirl1314
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningyou View Post
I second what Miyavifan said. I don't think that getting a Kanji tattoo is bad as long as you actually know what it means and it's something special for you or signifies something for you. But just getting one to have one is a bit silly. I personally want tattoos in Japanese but that's just because I'm really into Japan and it would mean something to me. But that's just me :]
i third that.>^_^<
i would love to get a tattoo in kanji that said,
i will love only you.>^_^<
lol
or bite me bi**h

I could never be happier.
I found my missing piece and i know he wont leave me.
song by simple plan.
+{Member of the Crusnik Clan--Crusnik 04}+
+{Codename: Abel}+
I'm sorry for acting like this...
(#77 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-25-2010, 05:00 PM

I don't know why many people have kanji tatoos but the language is very dramatic isn't it.

I like it verymuch although it will be ages before I can read it.

I do not think it is meant to be disrespectful at all.

Of course if a person chooses a kanji that they do not know the meaning of-- that is rather risky-- but Japan should be proud of its amazing calligraphic language although it must be a nightmare to learn so many kanji as well as the KANA and romanji.

I admire them for their ability to learn to write it so beautifully, Kana is also very attractive to my western eyes.

A wonderful chinese gentleman gave me some lessons in how to use the brush for the Chinese Calligraphy. I need to practice so much more than I do.
(#78 (permalink))
Old
ephemeria (Offline)
New to JF

07-14-2010, 01:55 AM

If the kanji has some meaning to the person, then cool. It's no different than someone getting a tattoo in Elvish.

What I find somewhat ridiculous (?) hilarious (?) is when someone has a tattoo that they don't know the meaning of, or they got the wrong reading of it.

For example, I've seen 会い instead of 愛... and things like that.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
crossline (Offline)
New to JF

07-27-2010, 02:20 PM

well if i were Japanese i would be flattered because someone else out there appreciate this form of art instead of getting the usual barbed wire or tribal one. hieroglyphics is cool too.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
GreyGhost (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: My body may be in Florida, But my heart and soul are in Japan
07-31-2010, 02:53 AM

I have a Kanji tattoo, although it's chinese it's the kanji for Rooster (my chinese zodiac animal) course mine means something, I think you should only get a kanji if it realtes to something that means something to you.

alice nine