JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

ASK MissMisa/xYinniex: SKINCARE PROBLEMS - 05-17-2009, 10:34 PM

I know alot of you on this forum are teenagers and many suffer a few problems with their skin as a teenager. I know I did, So MissMisa and I have decided to start a SKINCARE thread for those who do have problems they want to ask about. even if you're not a teenager. examples such as: acne, dry skin, what skincare product do i use, oily skin, pocket marks, brown spots. etc.

everyone wants great skin. =) I started using anti-wrinkle cream and high end skincare products at 15 haha. But thatsa different story!

If you adhere to the 3 steps at least once/twice a week, your skin should be fine and hopefully mostly blemish free

1) Cleanse, with a good cleanser!
2) Toner to close pores
3) Moisturise to keep face hydrated.

Post your questions below. =)
and the JF community will try to help.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-17-2009, 11:13 PM

Hi XY and Misa chan

I've been using moisturiser since I was about 16 as my mother used to work for Clinique, Estee Lauder and Aramis in Sydney so she always had a stash in the wardrobe.

people often say I have good skin compared to many Australians.

We are hugely affected by the penetrating close sun plus the hole in the Ozone layer which is particulaly strong in my location.

I use DOVE soap to clean my face, lathered on to a flannel.

That's all I use, and I will always make sure my face is fully washed before applying shaving foam.

My question is:

Do I really need to use a Toner and/or will I see an improvement?

Does my DOVE beauty bar soap qualify as a cleanser?

Lookiing for ward to your help

Cheers - Oz
(#3 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-18-2009, 12:16 AM

if you have good skin already, I don't see why you have to change your regime.

Toner is really to help with closing your pores, so crap won't get in, If you have oily skin, I suggest you do, because pores release more sebum and are more open. If you have normal to dry skin, you can probably skip out on it.

Your dove cleansing bar is okay to use. =) However, if you feel like your skin tightens up after washing, change it. =)

and regarding the ozone hole, Slap on more spf. =) Most moisturisers contain them, but spf 20 is usually a little weak on UV protection, I suggest at least spf 35+. Shiseido does one that is spf 50+ =)

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
05-22-2009, 12:41 AM

Could I have one of your msn/skype's? I'd like to discuss with one of you, the method Yinnie told me in my acne thread. The reason I don't just ask in one post, is I think I will have quite a few questions and I rather bug you over 30min rather than 4 days xD
(#5 (permalink))
Old
umeshuuu (Offline)
JF Regular

05-24-2009, 03:48 PM

Hi guys,
nice thread idea!

I have a problem that I get some spots around once a month (hmm if you get what I mean... girls problems...)
It's sooo annoying, because the rest of the time my skin is busy clearing up and becoming nice again, and then all of a sudden... breakout!
So I have red marks from previous breakouts which take a while to fade (I'm pretty fair skinned)... is there anything you guys might recommend that helps marks fade quicker?
I really want to have perfect skin, I don't know if it's possible though, but anything to get rid of those damn scars would be a good start! XD
Btw, I'm totally not even a teenager (I'm 22), and I still have this kind of problem... so annoying

ps. Do you guys know if eating sweets and chocolate actually does affect your skin? Some people say it does, some people say it doesn't. Huh.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
I'm Lisa! Nice to meetcha
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Imaginative (Offline)
JF Regular

05-24-2009, 03:57 PM

umeshuuu, I don't think chocolates, sweets and other foods like that affect your skin, a lot of people say they do, but the real reason is because you touch the food, then touch your face, and the oil and stuff will go onto your face and cause a breakout.

Anyway, has anyone heard of the "aspirin mask"? I've been meaning to try it for ages but I keep forgetting. Google it if you want.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
05-24-2009, 04:28 PM

I believe the chocolate would affect your face. (Depending on how much) The reason I say this is because of the caffiene in the chocolate, I'm pretty sure that will affect acne. I may be wrong though.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-25-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshuuu View Post
Hi guys,
nice thread idea!

I have a problem that I get some spots around once a month (hmm if you get what I mean... girls problems...)
It's sooo annoying, because the rest of the time my skin is busy clearing up and becoming nice again, and then all of a sudden... breakout!
So I have red marks from previous breakouts which take a while to fade (I'm pretty fair skinned)... is there anything you guys might recommend that helps marks fade quicker?
I really want to have perfect skin, I don't know if it's possible though, but anything to get rid of those damn scars would be a good start! XD
Btw, I'm totally not even a teenager (I'm 22), and I still have this kind of problem... so annoying

ps. Do you guys know if eating sweets and chocolate actually does affect your skin? Some people say it does, some people say it doesn't. Huh.
Firstly, acne scars are soo common, so there's nothing to be worried about. If you wanted to 'fade' them, there's a great new product out in drugstores called BIO-OIL, it's a solution that is designated to fade scars. It's a bit on the pricey side, but it's well worth it/ Lots of rave reviews.

and if you're worried, I find that junk food, if eaten too much will affect your skin. In moderation should be fine. Try cutting down a bit and and see the effects. =)

Quote:
umeshuuu, I don't think chocolates, sweets and other foods like that affect your skin, a lot of people say they do, but the real reason is because you touch the food, then touch your face, and the oil and stuff will go onto your face and cause a breakout.

Anyway, has anyone heard of the "aspirin mask"? I've been meaning to try it for ages but I keep forgetting. Google it if you want.
agree with touching face and oils urgh. Assuming one has alot of pores that are left open, i dread to think. =) I'm DYING to get my hands on a pore minimising serum when i can afford it ^^

I occasionally use the aspirin mask, The directions are, you take 2/3 uncoated aspirin tablets, flick some water on them, wait til they dissolve [but still grainy] squirt some honey and lather on face. it's a very good home mask, i learnt from rice bunny, michelle phan. Apprently the grains exfoliate your face when you rinse it off [after 15 minutes] and theres a property in the aspirin that helps combat spots, but i find that with young skin, you don't want to use it too much, because it's a medicine and maybe harsh on your skin, so i limit mine to once a fortnight/3 weeks.

Quote:
I believe the chocolate would affect your face. (Depending on how much) The reason I say this is because of the caffiene in the chocolate, I'm pretty sure that will affect acne. I may be wrong though.
Actually, i only eat dark chocolate now because in dark chocolate, if eaten in small amounts, there are antioxidants [same as green tea, but on a smaller scale] and apparently that may prevent spots. I also think, chocolate can also release happy endorphins so you feel less stress, hence less spots. =)

Last edited by xYinniex : 05-25-2009 at 02:29 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-25-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
if you have good skin already, I don't see why you have to change your regime.

Toner is really to help with closing your pores, so crap won't get in, If you have oily skin, I suggest you do, because pores release more sebum and are more open. If you have normal to dry skin, you can probably skip out on it.

Your dove cleansing bar is okay to use. =) However, if you feel like your skin tightens up after washing, change it. =)

and regarding the ozone hole, Slap on more spf. =) Most moisturisers contain them, but spf 20 is usually a little weak on UV protection, I suggest at least spf 35+. Shiseido does one that is spf 50+ =)
Appreciate your advice.

I get fairly dry above the upper lip after I shave, although dealing with a man's skin would be different to a womens.

We definitely grew up in Australia "slapping" on factors 50 as we are a real beach culture so that's not a danger.

I do have a few little Shiseido ball bearing shales left from Japan which used to accompany us on holidays to Asia.. It's not far off from ZINC consistancy.

Not sure if you use zinc in your location? It's a thick white cream (available in different colours) often seen on this side wiped accross the shnoz and face. Here's photo to give you an idea.. UPDATE: We also have a new look clear

Cheers - Oz
(#10 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-25-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Appreciate your advice.

I get fairly dry above the upper lip after I shave, although dealing with a man's skin would be different to a womens.

We definitely grew up in Australia "slapping" on factors 50 as we are a real beach culture so that's not a danger.

I do have a few little Shiseido ball bearing shales left from Japan which used to accompany us on holidays to Asia.. It's not far off from ZINC consistancy.

Not sure if you use zinc in your location? It's a thick white cream (available in different colours) often seen on this side wiped accross the shnoz and face. Here's photo to give you an idea.. UPDATE: We also have a new look clear
ah, its the era of male grooming =)
I guessif any skin is dry, stick a little moisturiser on it. [before sunblock] there's actually lots of products for shaving aftercare fore men in drugstores, I'm not an expert on what product is good so you're gona have to test it out yourself.

Zinc, never heard of it, English sunblock cream seems to be runnier. I REALLY REALLY adore the clear sunblock one? they sell those in england too. Bit pricey but it's nice not to look too pale.