JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Hair style (again heh) (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/25955-hair-style-%28again-heh%29.html)

darksyndrem 06-19-2009 06:55 PM

Hair style (again heh)

Well, awhile back I posted a thread asking if you guys think I should grow my hair out or not..well I didn't really get much response out of it, so I decided to grow it out lol

But I'm honestly not sure what I want to do with it when it gets longer, I wanted to do something a lot like the Jrock and visual Kei look, but I'm starting to think that my hair is too thick for that

So I was reallyyy hoping (because I know most threads like this, simply don't get many replies at all) that some of yall could give me a few ideas for some Japanese hair styles, for longer, and prolly thicker hair

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!!!

mizuki9san 06-19-2009 07:17 PM

maybe you should post a picttture of your hair here...

mao~

darksyndrem 06-19-2009 07:26 PM

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...R/DSCN2975.jpg

it's just a little bit longer atm

Tha picture was taken....eh two weeks ago maybe

darksyndrem 06-20-2009 02:01 AM

Nobody knows of any websites I could look through?
And don't link me to google......'ve been googling alot....so don't pull that card plz....it's very irritating

Quailboy 06-20-2009 02:04 AM

Do what I'm thinking of doing, grow it as long as mine then get foot tall rainbow mohawk xD

darksyndrem 06-20-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quailboy (Post 735844)
Do what I'm thinking of doing, grow it as long as mine then get foot tall rainbow mohawk xD

mmmmm....no thanks looool

Quailboy 06-20-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 735848)
mmmmm....no thanks looool

Aww cmon, Size 5 Rainbow bros ftw?

MMM 06-20-2009 02:27 AM

The problem you have is that the only reason j-rockers and v-kei guys can get away with those hairstyles and fashion is because they are j-rockers and v-kei guys. Those styles aren't intended for mass consumption. Even if you were the twin brother of some j-rocker, unless you are on a stage with a guitar in your hands you are going to look silly (unless it's Halloween, of course).

Quailboy 06-20-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 735850)
The problem you have is that the only reason j-rockers and v-kei guys can get away with those hairstyles and fashion is because they are j-rockers and v-kei guys. Those styles aren't intended for mass consumption. Even if you were the twin brother of some j-rocker, unless you are on a stage with a guitar in your hands you are going to look silly (unless it's Halloween, of course).

I love looking silly, so its just fine MMM ^_^

MMM 06-20-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quailboy (Post 735851)
I love looking silly, so its just fine MMM ^_^

I am not sure that's what dark was going for.

Quailboy 06-20-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshAussie (Post 735855)
Either way you should probably ask when your hair is "long" It's Like -

"Hey guys My hair is short can u give me some Ideas of J-Rock styles I an do?"
[Minimal to No responses]

"Hey guy's No one answered my last thread, my hair is still really short (basically cant do anything with it to do with J-Rock) but because no one answered my last thread i've decided to let it "grow out" the length hasnt even increased by a cm but im gona make a new thread anyway to ask the exact same question I did with my last thread."

How about you make a new thread in about 6 months after your hair might have actually grown some?..

This.

@MMM: I think he is...he wears parachute pants xD

darksyndrem 06-20-2009 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshAussie (Post 735855)
Either way you should probably ask when your hair is "long" It's Like -

"Hey guys My hair is short can u give me some Ideas of J-Rock styles I an do?"
[Minimal to No responses]

"Hey guy's No one answered my last thread, my hair is still really short (basically cant do anything with it to do with J-Rock) but because no one answered my last thread i've decided to let it "grow out" the length hasnt even increased by a cm but im gona make a new thread anyway to ask the exact same question I did with my last thread."

How about you make a new thread in about 6 months after your hair might have actually grown some?..

Well, as much as I hate the way you put that....your right -.-

So, does anyone have any ideas for my hair at the length it's at now?
I mean seriously, my hair looks ridiculous at the moment, because it's cut to be short

And Aaron, seriously, they're not parachutes lol

Quailboy 06-20-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 735864)
Well, as much as I hate the way you put that....your right -.-

So, does anyone have any ideas for my hair at the length it's at now?
I mean seriously, my hair looks ridiculous at the moment, because it's cut to be short

And Aaron, seriously, they're not parachutes lol

Just bleach your hair and it would look better.

And yes, they are parachutes.

yuujirou 06-20-2009 01:25 PM

eh.. if you wanna grow your hair out...
i'd say... do a LOT of layers >.>''
keep your crown kinda short and layered....
grow out the side hair....
not sure how you do your front... but cut it accordingly to how you style it/part it....
learn to straighten if you don't already know how too...
annddd... yeah >.>''

mizuki9san 06-20-2009 03:01 PM

your hair look short for now...bt it will be good if you show me your front view..i might be able to think some for you...here my msn if you wanna find out more

[email protected]

darksyndrem 06-20-2009 03:35 PM

@Aaron, dad won't let me bleach it (tried to do that not too long ago), says it'd be queer -_-

@yuujirou, sounds like a plan......did you mean straighten it now as well as when it's long?

@mizuki, sounds good, got to help clean the house, but I'll be sure to add you as soon as I can

Quailboy 06-20-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 735997)
@Aaron, dad won't let me bleach it (tried to do that not too long ago), says it'd be queer -_-

@yuujirou, sounds like a plan......did you mean straighten it now as well as when it's long?

@mizuki, sounds good, got to help clean the house, but I'll be sure to add you as soon as I can

I'd punch him in the face and pour bleach in his eyes...only kidding, I might bleach mine.

mizuki9san 06-20-2009 04:08 PM

so ka...XD..

darksyndrem 06-20-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quailboy (Post 735999)
I'd punch him in the face and pour bleach in his eyes...only kidding, I might bleach mine.

dude you dont know my dad lool

yuujirou 06-21-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 735997)

definitely after it's grown out
as for now though, entirely optional ^^

darksyndrem 06-22-2009 01:37 PM

Is my hair even long enough to straighten? lol I have no idea, I have never straightened my hair before

JackIsLost 06-22-2009 02:15 PM

if your dad doesn't let you bleach your hair, you should dye your roots black so it looks like you have bleached tips. hahaha
i am trying to grow out my hair too, i lived with short spiky hair all too long now and in the process of growing it out. it gets frustrating because long hair is harder to style than the simple jell and go ways i was used to. my hair naturally stands up by itself so it's really difficult on the sides of my head, because it wants to flair out like wolverine hairdo. you on the other hand, do not seem to have that problem :) from your photo a couple pages back, it doesn't look bad. it's all in your head ;)

JayT 06-22-2009 02:23 PM

I cut your hair now !

darksyndrem 06-22-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackIsLost (Post 737001)
if your dad doesn't let you bleach your hair, you should dye your roots black so it looks like you have bleached tips. hahaha
i am trying to grow out my hair too, i lived with short spiky hair all too long now and in the process of growing it out. it gets frustrating because long hair is harder to style than the simple jell and go ways i was used to. my hair naturally stands up by itself so it's really difficult on the sides of my head, because it wants to flair out like wolverine hairdo. you on the other hand, do not seem to have that problem :) from your photo a couple pages back, it doesn't look bad. it's all in your head ;)

haha I have actually never heard of dying your roots black O_O (yeah I know right?)
lol my hair used to do that too actually, I don't know why

@Jay........get on skype so I can talk to you about it there

JayT 06-22-2009 02:54 PM

I replied to your PM D:
Eeek I have to get my hair trimmed to take off the split ends -___-

I don't know how to cut the back of my hair myself u__u

darksyndrem 06-22-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayT (Post 737008)
I replied to your PM D:
Eeek I have to get my hair trimmed to take off the split ends -___-

I don't know how to cut the back of my hair myself u__u

T_T
Get your mum to hold up a mirror or something?............we prolly should stay on topic before MMM comes XD

I'm actually now considering two different haircuts

and

JayT 06-22-2009 03:00 PM

Second one!

How fast does your hair grow? O.o

darksyndrem 06-22-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayT (Post 737011)
Second one!

I don't know
I've been told my hair grows pretty fast but I feel like it stopped growing a week ago T_T

JayT 06-22-2009 03:12 PM

don't lose hope my friend,
At one point I had hair shorter than yours O.o

Now it's quite long!
Just make sure you take good care of it while you're growing it out!
Use a good shampoo and conditioner,
And deep condition that shit every month!

darksyndrem 06-22-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayT (Post 737016)
don't lose hope my friend,
At one point I had hair shorter than yours O.o

Now it's quite long!
Just make sure you take good care of it while you're growing it out!
Use a good shampoo and conditioner,
And deep condition that shit every month!

I have no idea what deep condition is O_O
*feels like a nub*

JayT 06-22-2009 03:24 PM

LOL it's a conditioning treatment used to put the natural oils back into your hair o.O

It keeps it health o.O

darksyndrem 06-22-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayT (Post 737023)
LOL it's a conditioning treatment used to put the natural oils back into your hair o.O

It keeps it health o.O

Ooohhh
mmk

RYO4RMSIDEWINDERS 06-24-2009 06:52 PM

sorry i didnt fix it in this pic, just another idea

My Photos Photo Gallery - Photo 4 of 37 by ROQ LEE [DORI XXX] - MySpace Photos

yuujirou 07-02-2009 06:11 AM

just to show how outgrown my hair is x.x''
here are a couple photos that were taken of me recently

JayT 07-02-2009 06:20 AM

You look like a Gundam Pilot ^_^

yuujirou 07-02-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayT (Post 740865)
You look like a Gundam Pilot ^_^

if you're talking about the bloke above...
sorta does >.>'

nanda 08-16-2009 06:36 AM

nice hair. do u intend to keep it black?

JayT 08-16-2009 07:24 AM

I cut your hair now tommy? ^_^

NanteNa 08-16-2009 12:48 PM

Not all people can pull off ''jrock'' hair, as it varies what shape of face you have, how easy your hair is to style and get to remain styled - and of course... type of hair. I've seen wayyy too many caucasians trying to pull it off, and it just looks tacky. If I were you, I'd search google. You should look for some Korean popstar hairstyles instead, as they are a bit more thick-hair-friendly. U can always ask your hairdresser as well, as she knows the business and would be able to tell what would suit you best.

yuuji@ IMMA COME OVER AND CHOP OFF THAT HAIR NOW : D <3

Sachiko 08-16-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayT (Post 737011)
Second one!

are you kidding..??
i like the first one better :]
but thats just me ^_^ haha