JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
fanofreita (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation How to look really like Elegant Gothic Lolita? - 06-23-2009, 05:10 PM

I need help.I need to look like REALLY COOL Elegant Gothic Lolita.. This is my real identity, but my mates doesnt know it. So I want to show them, how Im really. Do you have any ideas? I have black dresses, black tights a black shoes with big heel.. And on face i will have a pall...

If you have any ideas, write me, please..
I want to myake my costume to Thursday..
(#2 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

06-23-2009, 05:39 PM

well i you should wear something with ruffles and frills, and cute accesories.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

06-23-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofreita View Post
I need help.I need to look like REALLY COOL Elegant Gothic Lolita.. This is my real identity, but my mates doesnt know it. So I want to show them, how Im really. Do you have any ideas? I have black dresses, black tights a black shoes with big heel.. And on face i will have a pall...

You definitely want to deck it out with black and white.

Don't wear insane makeup. Wear something more "formal" but mess with it so it looks very artsy and "overdone". What I mean by "insane" is don't go too far and make yourself look more gothic than cleaned up and prettier. Just don't do anything you think is ugly.

For your dress... You want to have a large dynamic of ruffles (good places are neck, chest, sleeves, butt, and bottom of the dress). You might want to make it look more "plain" between your hips and the bottom of the dress.

I think a good key is to keep the core of your body more plain, but as you go outwards, make it more fancy.

Usually with Elegant Lolita, I see longer dresses, but mix it up with the blacks and whites of Gothic.

Shoes can vary upon what you are looking for. If you're putting a Gothic twist in it, get taller shoes.

Hair... I would put your hair up, but leave some down. Wear a cute little hat if you can.

I hope I've helped you get some more ideas. Don't follow EVERYTHING I say because Lolita is more up to how you can get creative and look beautiful at the same time.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#4 (permalink))
Old
bonjoliehistrionic (Offline)
JF Regular

06-23-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofreita View Post

i think if you need to look 'really cool' you should have experimented for quite a while to see what suits you.
i make my own outfits
and will sometimes go for months without wearing them
just to experiment in private
and then i will reammurge perfect
it is usually not what the person is wearing that makes them look uncool
but how they wear it
and whether they act / pose to suit it.
x.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Lithiumflower (Offline)
New to JF

10-24-2009, 05:47 AM

Being formal is the key. You really don't want to look like a cupcake is the main thing. Sure it includes all the lace, ribbons, and girly appeal, but it's def. toned down to more of an accent. Bustles are always a good option. I'd say try aiming for a Victorian tone. Higher more dignified heels, more grown-up style stockings, and I'd stick to classic purses and hats. Elbow-length gloves can def. work. :] Still keep to the basic skirts shapes and coordinate, but use colors such as subdued pinks/blues/greens, dark shades, and your usual black and whites. Brown and cocoa colors could work.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Artvampire (Offline)
JF Regular

12-31-2009, 07:52 AM

You can easily stitch on stylish buttons and frilly trim to any outfit. Run around a fabric store to find this stuff!

My stitch work is not professional, but I've pulled off some great trims on outifts.

Also, buy some cheap head bands that you can glue ribbons, black roses and red beads onto. A proper head dress ties in gothic lolita very well. A glue gun does wonders!

Not everything has be be black too.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-31-2009, 09:48 AM

BlackxWhite Lolita is hard to pull off (but hey, I still do it) you just have to make sure it's not over the top and packed with frills.

Lolita is an EXPENSIVE hobby unless you are a master seamstress. Some of the top quality items can be $200+ and beyond for one dress.

Gothic Lolita doesn't have to be black, it can be wine red, chocolate colours too.

A good place for beginners is BODYLINE YOKOSO! but don't rely on it to create your whole wardrobe. The quality varies a lot.

Shoes don't have to be big heeled, mary janes work fine too.