JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ichinikki (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to ichinikki
Is there something wrong with a left-sided hair part? - 09-20-2009, 06:49 PM

I see so many people with right handed parts(a part on the same side of their head as their own right hand) it makes me wonder if there is some secret taboo against left sided parts that I don't know about. What's funny is that when i look in the mirror, I see a right handed part(mirror image funness) so i didn't even know I was different until I saw photos of myself!
Does this matter in any culture?
ichinikkidefault3.jpg

ichinikki, one diary
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Allene7 (Offline)
The Nymphic Ninja

09-20-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichinikki View Post
I see so many people with right handed parts(a part on the same side of their head as their own right hand) it makes me wonder if there is some secret taboo against left sided parts that I don't know about. What's funny is that when i look in the mirror, I see a right handed part(mirror image funness) so i didn't even know I was different until I saw photos of myself!
Attachment 10406
If there is a taboo I certainly don't know about it. Mine and my daughter's parts are on our left side. Although, my part has slowly been working it's way back to the center of my head, lol.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
09-20-2009, 07:52 PM

I switch parts. >.> More like an "Okay...this part looks permanent it's been there so long..." kind of switch. I don't know of any taboo's though. O_o People just part on which side looks best on their head lol.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#4 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
09-20-2009, 08:18 PM

Mine is naturally parted to the right. I think it just depends on how a person's hair naturally parts itself.

It might also have a connection to a person's dominate hand - if I were left handed, I would probably part my hair to the left because it's easier that way.

I part my hair to the left at night before I go to bed to even it out, and I'm always thinking how much easier it would be to do that if I were left handed. Of course, either way looks normal to me....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
09-21-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichinikki View Post
Attachment 10406
I have this weird, vague memory of someone in the early 60's mentioning boys and girls having their hair parted on different sides.......incredibly stupid!
Fortunately I have never heard it since.

I have a natural (very determined) center part. When it decides to allow me to have a side part, it is on the left. Lately it seems all hairdressers want to make it part on the right, though, and its aggravating.

I think most people part their hair according to how it tend to fall naturally, or to flatter whichever is their better profile.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-21-2009, 06:49 PM

I'm left handed and my hair leans to the left, lol
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TyreaL (Offline)
きぼう

Send a message via MSN to TyreaL
09-22-2009, 07:18 AM

so .. !!

I don't see what's wrong with being left sided hair .. it's actually kanda cool

(#8 (permalink))
Old
LolitaWishList (Offline)
New to JF

10-15-2009, 04:21 PM

I actually believe that the reason you would probably see more people with their hair parted on the right is because the majority of people are right handed...just sort of a theory. I've actually tried parting my hair on the left before, and I thought it was kind of strange, so I stuck to the right, but then too, I am right handed :3