JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chuckbeans (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation Please join Kim Basinger in asking Yohji Yamamoto to stop using fur! - 09-25-2009, 08:20 AM

I just heard that Kim Basinger has been writing letters to fashion designers, asking them to stop using animal fur. Recently she wrote to designer Yohji Yamamoto, telling him about the cruelty involved in the fur industry and how much pain and suffering the animals go through. She's been asking for other people to write to Yamamoto as well, which you can do by visiting the following link:
Join Kim Basinger in Telling Yohji Yamamoto to Stop Using Fur! | PETA Asia-Pacific
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-25-2009, 10:03 AM

Thank you for calling this to my attention. Winter is coming, and I now feel the need to go out and buy a new fur coat. Maybe some fur gloves as well, they feel so soft. And, while I'm at it, I'll get my mom some fur-lined boots for Christmas, they are very warm.

If Kim Basinger doesn't want to wear fur, that's fine. She can simply wear fake, petroleum based, and potentially carcinogenic fur. We pump enough oil out of the ground to make lots of that stuff, and cheaply too. Of course, if she doesn't want to wear a petroleum product, she can simply wear cotton, or some other vegetable-based fiber. Of course, these fibers are grown on farms (not unlike fur-bearing animals), and these farms take up what was once forest and wilderness, which displaced the animals which used to live there. The ones which still remain often get picked up in the harvesting machines.

If you think ketchup is a vegetarian item, then you obviously haven't been on a tomato farm, or worked in a tomato processing plant. Any number of mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and birds get picked up by the harvesting machines, and a good percentage of them are pureed with the tomatoes.

Ignorance is bliss.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-30-2009, 06:39 AM

Fuck kim basinger thats what I think. You know what that'll do to Yohji's name? Yohji stop using fur? thats like YSL stop using croc skin! It aint happening. Sorry kim but I happen to be a fan of Yohji's works