LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Zenzen (Offline)
JF Regular

12-08-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
I've got to agree with Salvanas. The two don't really reconcile. I'd tend to say, either dreads or VK.

On the other hand, I've definitely seen some VK artists do cool things with dreads. I'm afraid I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. Those I saw, though, were only with nagoya kei as a rule, or at the least very grungy kinds of looks.

Then again, you could create a whole interesting new look with decora dreads! Could weave beads around them or something. ^^''

What kinds of dreads are they? Big thick long ones or little thinner ones? Bleached or dyed in any way?
I dyed light brown them while trying to dye it blue (epic fail....LOL). But my dreads are mid (leaning more towards the thinner part, but still semi-thick)

~Looks around corner, hides under bed, climbs over cabinet, eats sour-stick, hides behind you with a grin, drops to floor, crawls under desk, wiggles in mouse-hole, flaps to roof, scrapes on tiles, jumps in chimney, slugs to stairs, reaches for corner,
THERE YOU ARE, REALM OF RANDOM!~
-The_Wondering_Otaku, Zenzen
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Zenzen (Offline)
JF Regular

12-08-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

When you say heritage, do you mean a Rastafarian background? Or just a cultural thing?

Either way, if you want a VK haircut, you're not going to be able to do anything with dreadlocks. My statement still stands. Dreadlocks and the style you're trying to do are completely opposite. Choose one or the other.
My dad's a rasta and I have Jamacian in myself. Plus, having known only having dreads since you were a kid doesn't help in knowing what to do with it while ur still living under ur mom's roof at16....

~Looks around corner, hides under bed, climbs over cabinet, eats sour-stick, hides behind you with a grin, drops to floor, crawls under desk, wiggles in mouse-hole, flaps to roof, scrapes on tiles, jumps in chimney, slugs to stairs, reaches for corner,
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Zenzen (Offline)
JF Regular

12-08-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
In this case, you're just stuck with dreads =/
But either way, JF is not the place to find advice about dreads.
ah k. Just trying to find how to do Harajuku fashions with my hair type is all.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Eureka77 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-09-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortry View Post
Haha, the hard truth
(The truth always hurts.)

Good luck.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Cakes (Offline)
Has cookies?~

12-10-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenzen View Post
I dyed light brown them while trying to dye it blue (epic fail....LOL). But my dreads are mid (leaning more towards the thinner part, but still semi-thick)

Could try for a monochromatic kind of look? Light brown's not too bad for that, being such a neutral colour.

Maybe dress them up with some sophisticated EGA and give a new spin to it? I can imagine how a creepy-gothic-Victorian look could work with it, especially if they're fairly short, shoulder-length or so. I know it's not what you were thinking of, but I can't really think how to work dreads and decora. D:
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-10-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Could try for a monochromatic kind of look? Light brown's not too bad for that, being such a neutral colour.

Maybe dress them up with some sophisticated EGA and give a new spin to it? I can imagine how a creepy-gothic-Victorian look could work with it, especially if they're fairly short, shoulder-length or so. I know it's not what you were thinking of, but I can't really think how to work dreads and decora. D:
Actually, that brought up images of a person in a long Gothic, Victorian dress, with dreadlocks. It COULD work.

However, if you can't get it to work, don't fret on it.

A question, could you post a picture of your dreadlocks and your face, so we can see what it looks like?

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#17 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-12-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
In this case, you're just stuck with dreads =/
But either way, JF is not the place to find advice about dreads.
He/she could always just chop it off and start over with a new style.

How could it not be? I'd say this forum is pretty open-minded and I think that a lot of the alternatives that are on here would relate well to dreads. (I used to consider getting dreads.. but that's a whole different story, lol)

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenzen View Post
Yeah. I have dreadlocks, but I love street fashion. I try to buy wigs mostly, but the wigs around here expensive and most aren't VK/Decora/OK/KK material and trying to find good hairspray for dreads is like trying to find a piece of hay in a needle stack: near impossible to do and very painful. What should I do?

Crikey mate!

Go and take yourself to get a haircut..

Cheers - Oz
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Zenzen (Offline)
JF Regular

12-13-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka77 View Post
(The truth always hurts.)

Good luck.
thank you....

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Zenzen (Offline)
JF Regular

12-13-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:

Kay. Thank you!