LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Cakes (Offline)
Has cookies?~

Help me decide how to wreck my hair! <3 - 12-12-2009, 11:00 PM

Much as I loathe making these kinds of threads;

*camera whore*

Shall I damage my virgin mouse-brown into being super cold ash-blonde, or candyfloss white?

Ash is closer to my colour, therefore easier to take care of and keep healthy... but white's a more interesting statement. x3 Both would suit my colouring equally well.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-12-2009, 11:03 PM

I think ashy would be cool :'3 You have the darker blue eyes to really pull that off.
As to what you said about easier care.. the color you dye your hair rarely has anything to do with that. It's all about using the right products. ^^v

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Allene7 (Offline)
The Nymphic Ninja

12-12-2009, 11:57 PM

I'd have to agree and say ashy too. I think that color would look really neat on you with your eyes and completion. If you're concerned about taking care of it and maintaining it then if I were you I'd take some time to invest in some good products for that and not any of those cheap ineffective ones. Are you going to get it cut and styled or just dye it?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-13-2009, 12:45 AM

I agree with NanteNa as those hair dyes can be devastating to the folicles..

Why dye your hair anyway?

It looks beautoful the way it is.

Cheers - Oz
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Cakes (Offline)
Has cookies?~

12-13-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
I think ashy would be cool :'3 You have the darker blue eyes to really pull that off.
As to what you said about easier care.. the color you dye your hair rarely has anything to do with that. It's all about using the right products. ^^v
Thank you for your advice! And yes, I would suppose that's true-- although I've heard that the nearer to one's colour one dyes one's hair, the less it damages it. Blonde shine is so hard to achieve!

Thank you again, though, I'll be sure to bear that in mind when I do my research. <3

Quote:
I'd have to agree and say ashy too. I think that color would look really neat on you with your eyes and completion. If you're concerned about taking care of it and maintaining it then if I were you I'd take some time to invest in some good products for that and not any of those cheap ineffective ones. Are you going to get it cut and styled or just dye it?
Thank you also!

I'd do my best to take care of it whatever the cost-- frazzled hair's not so loli! x3 Would there be any particular brands you might recommend?

I was thinking of something like this:

combined with this:

(the top right)

but perhaps using a very subtle unsaturated burgundy as an undertone, and with longer front bangs graduating to a shorter back. I think it looks better in my head than when I try to explain it, aha. ._.;
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Allene7 (Offline)
The Nymphic Ninja

12-13-2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes View Post
Thank you also!

I'd do my best to take care of it whatever the cost-- frazzled hair's not so loli! x3 Would there be any particular brands you might recommend?

I was thinking of something like this:

combined with this:

but perhaps using a very subtle unsaturated burgundy as an undertone, and with longer front bangs graduating to a shorter back. I think it looks better in my head than when I try to explain it, aha. ._.;
*LOVES the hair in the first picture*

Ooh, I love it! I think it sounds like it'd look great. I really like it when the bangs are long and then it gets shorter in the back. Have you ever had a hair cut like this before?

Sorry, I can't offer any recommendations on hair products. I don't dye my hair I just know that all my friends do and the ones that put out the money to buy good products have much nicer looking hair than the ones that don't.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Cakes (Offline)
Has cookies?~

12-13-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I agree with NanteNa as those hair dyes can be devastating to the folicles..

Why dye your hair anyway?

It looks beautoful the way it is.
*blush* Thank you for the compliment! But I just wanted to do something interesting with my hair for once. It's always been exactly this way, a dull neither-blonde-nor-brown to the shoulders. It's too short to curl nicely without going frizzy, and straightening it along with all the eye makeup gets something of the look of Avril Lavigne. o__o;
However beautifully I arrange frilly dresses and lacy blouses, if my hair always looks as though I rolled out of bed, dragged a comb through it and left it that way (which I did, aha) then I'll feel like it's a setback. I know lots of lolitas like that natural-kinks look, but I was just going for something a bit more... groomed.

Thank you anyway, though. <3

Quote:
*LOVES the hair in the first picture*

Ooh, I love it! I think it sounds like it'd look great. I really like it when the bangs are long and then it gets shorter in the back. Have you ever had a hair cut like this before?

Sorry, I can't offer any recommendations on hair products. I don't dye my hair I just know that all my friends do and the ones that put out the money to buy good products have much nicer looking hair than the ones that don't.
I love it too~! x3

I tried once, about four years ago-- but my mother wouldn't let me do it so that it really showed, and so I just made do with a plain layered bob. This time I think she realises that I'm a bit too old to be telling me what to do with my hair now! ^_^;

That's fair enough. C: Thank you for the advice in any case.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-13-2009, 01:37 PM

You're pretty set on your course of action. But can I just say, I think a dark red/burgundy would look great on you.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#9 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-13-2009, 01:40 PM

actually, in any case of dyeing your hair, you should always use extra conditioner and deep condition it every week to maintain the colour. So you could go any colour you wish really.

Mousey brown is cute. =)

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#10 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to orewasenshi Send a message via MSN to orewasenshi
12-13-2009, 01:44 PM

I like the ashy hair color on girls, shows that they have spunk : D

Anyway, I think short hair would look GREAT on you, just like the one in the picture you showed, though. You have the right face shape for short hair ^^.