JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

Thought I'd share this... - 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM

I am now running a Kansai area (Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe) fashion blog. I plan to be in attendance and reporting from Japan Fashion Week in March as well. You can find the blog at Kyoto Maiko, and I welcome any ideas you have for the direction of the blog.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Immokalei (Offline)
Keezy

01-25-2010, 01:33 AM

Awesome! Thanks!

Bookmarked :3

Last edited by Immokalei : 01-25-2010 at 01:35 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-25-2010, 01:57 AM

I thought the masks were for fear of SARS or something? Masks would be so cool actually, only if they were actual masks like out of fiberglass, or such. Something like the masks in the movie The Strangers.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

01-25-2010, 02:05 AM

Japan is not a litagation society. Also, I asked permission when I could. Some of these shots were taken from across the street. I have a 10x zoom lens on my Canon.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Nice suits you got there Tsuwabuki.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

01-25-2010, 01:57 PM

Heh. Thanks. I LOVE the Jil Sander for Uniqlo one. The jacket was like tailored for me, despite coming off the rack. I'm planning to get a custom suit from Thick as Thieves, a label operating out of LA.

Please leave comments on the posts. There are two reasons for this. One altruistic, one not so altruistic. The first is because I will donate ten cents (actually, tossing a ju-en coin into a bucket) for every comment on the blog to UNICEF to help Haiti (until January thirtieth, after that, we pass the critical time period, see CNN link on the blog). Think of it as a charity run. You comment, I pledge the money.

The second reason is much less altruistic. I've only applied for my press pass with Japan Fashion Week. I haven't had a byline since 2008, so I am not sure they're going to grant me one. It's up to each individual label to say yea or nay. So I might get into some shows but not others. Leaving comments will, of course, show interest in the blog, which will make it much more likely I'll be able to bring you guys content from the runways.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
01-25-2010, 03:53 PM

Good luck with the press pass. Nice shots, and thanks for showing some variety and realistic images instead of the usual overdone "trends".

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

01-25-2010, 11:53 PM

Honestly, my approach is very organic. I snap pictures of things that catch my eye, make me think, make me wonder what knd of decision making went through that person's mind in the morning.

Scott Schuman is probably my biggest photography influence. I don't always like the outfits he shoots, but I always like his shots.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org