JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mac (Offline)
New to JF

Post Street Fashion in Tokyo - 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM

What I really love about Tokyo, is the way people dress up. Very unique to the rest of the world and many different style. I have the chance now to work for a fashion company that ask me to take photos in the street of Tokyo, you can see my work here.

Tomomi | STREET SNAP | talking about Japanese culture and fashion from Tokyo | XO JAPAN

Tell me what you think, and if you know other place I can find similar photos please share with me!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
OddyStrix (Offline)
JF Regular

06-11-2010, 01:54 PM

This is really cool!
Fashion blogs don't always capture my attention, but this one seems really interesting. :]
How do you do this? Do you just walk up to random people and ask to take a picture of them?

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must first be different." -Coco Chanel
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#3 (permalink))
Old
nihonga (Offline)
JF Regular

06-12-2010, 03:20 AM

If you are into Japanese fashion, definitely check out Tokyo Fashion:

"Youths of Japan, scrawl your graffiti in kanji!" -Tenmyouya
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Another good reason why I don't by clothes in Tokyo. Besides being outrageously overpriced and poorly made, you end up looking somewhere between Cindy Lauper and Bozo the Clown.

I suppose there are those who think that Tokyo "fashion" is cool, but it's not fashion, it's merely a mixture of poor taste, confused thinking, and a little shock value. I've also seen men walking around Tokyo in short miniskirts wearing thongs underneath, and old men in harlequin outfits with matching bowler hats and sunglasses. This isn't fashion folks, it's big city-induced mental aberration mixed with poor eyesight, color-blindness, and general lack of common sense.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-12-2010, 04:10 PM

You summed up what I was thinking entirely sangetsu. That dude in the long post just looked like he was trying to make people stare at him. I would not say all of those were even examples of japanese fashion. They just look like kids in america and I am sure that they are not paying attention to j fashion sites.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Zandelin (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Zandelin
06-12-2010, 09:59 PM

Wow those are some pretty cool outfits. This is another reason why I would love to go to Japan and tour it if I can. Though I'll have to do quite a bit of planning since a trip to Japan can be very expensive.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
caisaki (Offline)
JF Regular

06-13-2010, 07:09 AM

Yeah, you can actually promote your individuality in Tokyo, and it's so much fun having unique clothes that no one else wears! I am loving those shorts and the black stockings!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Mac (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddyStrix View Post
This is really cool!
Fashion blogs don't always capture my attention, but this one seems really interesting. :]
How do you do this? Do you just walk up to random people and ask to take a picture of them?
Yeah, I have a Japanese co-worker who explain them who are we working for and where the photos will be publish, then we shoot, then they sign the release form.

I know Tokyofashion.com I like the site, but I don't like their photos so much, they are over exposed and have no post-process on it. Also they tend to photograph a lot of clown... as Sangetsu said. I try to be a bit more creative when I take photos, sorry for the bragging
(#9 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-18-2010, 10:40 PM

The fashion is . . .interesting O_o

The guy in nihonga's second picture . . .and somewhat the girl, seem to have American style. The girl in the first picture looks cute!!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
windy138 (Offline)
New to JF

06-28-2010, 02:35 AM

Really cool. I love looking at the girls with style fashion so much. Hope some one can post some pics more