LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
rocknrollyo1980 (Offline)
New to JF

Vintage or Lolita? - 07-02-2010, 05:24 PM

White Archaize Polka-dot Dress

Discount Fashion Clothing, Trendy Women's Clothes, Cocktail Dresses

Hey guys, so I have been buying supercute sailor style pin up and vintage dresses from Chic Star and I am now wondering if someof these other vintage style dresses can be used for the lolita style? For instance this dress pictured is super fun and girly with a big full skirt that can be worn with petticoats to poof it out even more! The belt sash is big and can be tied in a bow or any other configuration but the top of the cutout is not detachable. I actually love the top part but was thinking maybe if I cut it off at the bust seams to be be able to wear it separate it might be more lolita? Or would that just make it totally pin up? Either way I love this dress and thought I would share it with you! The site Chic Star has a bunch mroe sailor and pin up style dreses and clothes that are definitely more lolita if you want to check it out! It's really affordable and ships worldwide! Even if this dress is not necessarily lolita it is still supercute and they have a bunch more like it! Thanks for any advice you can give me!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
Aww~ <3 - 07-02-2010, 08:42 PM

Hmm...looks like you might be able to turn it in to a lil' summtin' summtin' Lolita! XD It'd require some skill and knowledge of Lolita fashion, though. I don't dress Lolita myself (I don't have the money T^T lol) but, I'm a long time viewer of such a style, and it does look like you can go somewhere with it! Good luck, hon'!!

~Honorary~

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#3 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-03-2010, 03:51 AM

It doesn't really say Loli to me, it's seems better suited to more of a Hime style. If it's not accessorized properly to push it towards lolita or hime it will read as 50's/pin-up.

I think an important thing to remember about Lolita and other specific street fashions is that the brand/label of clothing is a part of the look. That's what makes it more an an inclusionary/exclusionary subculture. I'm not judging that one way or the other but the idea of brand is very important to the group identity.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ramboo (Offline)
New to JF

hey guys - 07-26-2010, 10:22 AM

hey guys i want to know what is that thing which inspired you Japanese to design these clothes.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ayuzu (Offline)
New to JF

07-26-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexrayenz View Post
Vintage is so trendy! I love vintage and it isn't always old clothes, it can be new clothes styled after vintage clothing.

I agree with you. I love going vintage. There's no wrong moment to go vintage!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
crossline (Offline)
New to JF

07-27-2010, 12:34 AM

there's only so much you can do with that dress. but it is cute. it's dangerous. you really need the attitude and pizzas and all that jazz to pull that off. i'm sure you can pull through!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
07-27-2010, 12:55 AM

I wouldn't try to make these clothes look loli. They look tons better than loli as it is, and they're beyond perfect as they are. Just my opinion, anyway.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
colovegirl (Offline)
New to JF

08-12-2010, 03:42 AM

I am a fan in lolita dress, especially the sweet lolita dress. But I haven't bought one since I don't understand why some people say a lolita dress is so cheap and don't have the money to buy them. But I find some online stores to sell their lolita dress at cheap price. Is the quality is bad?

Enjoy

My

Lolita Blog
(#9 (permalink))
Old
mayustar1519 (Offline)
New to JF

08-12-2010, 08:09 AM

Vintage.. so trendy~~
(#10 (permalink))
Old
hikarikitachan (Offline)
New to JF

08-17-2010, 01:47 AM

Well to me, it looks a little bit more Vintage then Lolita. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be!! In my opinion it all depends on your skill as a seamstress. You could add a petticoat to it, move the bow in the front to the back, and add a little lace here and there. You could even buy some accesories that would look cute, like a polka-dot alice bow or a black bolero and some knee-highs with lace. So it really is all up to you and your abilities. ^^

"B-Banaw-naw!"
"Banana!"
"O-Orenji!"
"Orange!"
"R-Rodarora?"
"Roadroller?"
"Rodarora!"
"Rodarora!"

Awww.... Rin and Len are so cute...