JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Kimonos/Furisode/Yukata (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/339-kimonos-furisode-yukata.html)

NinjaKasumi123 10-23-2006 06:33 AM

Kimonos/Furisode/Yukata

Any japanese fangirls in love with a beautiful traditional japanese dress? ^_^ and has anybody wear them?

Kimonos are traditional clothing wored by all men and women. Most commonly on Geisha

Furisode is commonly for Unmarried females

Yukata are commonly wore in festivals

Vesperd 10-23-2006 09:08 AM

My Sister has a kimono laying somewhere in the house, Japanese girls look pretty elegant in them

MasterHien 10-24-2006 09:23 PM

Wow Yukata look good on girls

aphrodite 10-24-2006 11:26 PM

i want one so badly but i have to save up for one

Avary_Ninja 10-26-2006 05:48 AM

I love kimono too! Kimono is awesome. I went to the japanese exposition at the summer fair in my city and they had a demonstration of how to put on a kimono or yukata. The lecture was given by a graduate from a Kimono School in Japan. They also displayed kimono in glass cases. Those silk embroidered furisode are beautiful works of art. Expensive too. When you buy the furisode, obi, and all the accessories the price easily equals that of a car. :eek:

I bought a Kimono from the Collection du Japon boutique at the fair. But now I don't know what to do with it

Anyways, here are pics ^_^

Furisode. Worn by young unmarried women, they are the most expensive and elaborately designed. Kirei!

Yukata. Light summer kimono usually made of cotton. Popular wear for matsuri, bon odori.

Kimono is win! I think kimono wins because of its elegance.

I have a collection of kimono pictures. I can share if you like.

EbonyVampiria 10-26-2006 06:45 AM

I actually went to a studio in harajuku and dressed up as a maiko which was fun so then I just had to buy a kimono (yukata) which is black with white and grey flowers on it, the obi tying is something to definately practice when you have plenty of time

Avary_Ninja 10-26-2006 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EbonyVampiria (Post 2594)
I actually went to a studio in harajuku and dressed up as a maiko which was fun so then I just had to buy a kimono (yukata) which is black with white and grey flowers on it, the obi tying is something to definately practice when you have plenty of time

There exist pretied obi which tie up with hooks. Tying the obi is a complicated manoeuvre, even for the Japanese.

EbonyVampiria 10-26-2006 07:06 AM

yes indeed there were pretied ones but where is the fun in that lol when I want to wear it out I get my friend to do the obi tying which is much easier to be honest

Avary_Ninja 10-26-2006 08:39 AM

Hare! Hare! ^_^

NinjaKasumi123 10-26-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja (Post 2588)
I bought a Kimono from the Collection du Japon boutique at the fair. But now I don't know what to do with it

^_^ Avary-sama... *bows* onegai?