JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ronin101 (Offline)
New to JF

Question Import from France to Japan - 09-26-2010, 02:46 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry if this is a bit out of topic.

I'm French and I'll be visiting Japan in October. The yen being very high right now I'd like to import some good to sell in Japan to pay a part of my trip. I was thinking about some Vuitton bag. But I don't know were and how to find a buyer.

Any advice ? Any classified web site I could use ? Or japanese forum to post in ?

Thanks
Tristan
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-03-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinley121 View Post
I’ve heard of this strategy being used very often when we travel abroad!! We take some products there and sell it so that we’ll have the money we need for our expenses there!! I am sure that the Vuitton bags will sell like hot cakes provided that we are able to get buyers there and asking in forums like this is a fantastic idea for the word to get around! I am sure there’ll be some positive response from buyers from Japan who are interested!!
Japanese do not buy fake bags like consumers in some Asian countries, so you are taking an EXTREME risk by bringing a bunch of real bags to Japan and expecting to make a great profit (assuming you would even get out of the airport carrying more than a couple new bags). If you have buyers lined up before hand, then great. Otherwise don't expect to be able to sell them on the street for a profit.