JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

12-23-2007, 02:08 AM

Last edited by Ramones1976 : 01-05-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-26-2007, 01:40 AM

CHRISTMAS PHOTOOS

cracker hat
adsf.JPG

might update later. My camera is being Rebellious today.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
Old
phishn37 (Offline)
Time to fly ~ !

12-26-2007, 03:08 AM

More Phish style pictures ~ !

Here is me in ama-lolita (not quite completed yet):

Here is me in a decora-ish outfit:

I hope you like them, minna ~ !

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control!

My JapanForum Family!
Imotou : criminalpanda
Oniisan : IonFortuna
Oniisan: Tuhin
Otouto: MarkDuff
Oniisan: Hisuwashi
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
12-26-2007, 04:24 AM

Something I can't seem to figure out...

Why is that people in the West who are obsessed about everything Japanese tend to gravitate towards costumes featuring the entire spectrum on top of deep black with bright, unnatural hair-colours as well as ultra-high leather boots (or skate shoes, depending of gender) and lots and lots of metal on the face??? It's kind of like punk-meets-Emo-meets-Tye die.

Not that I don't like the style. I just can't figure out why it's almost only Japan freaks. I don't know if they really dress like that Japan or what, but even the anime and manga characters aren't so... 'loud'.

I confused~!!! T_T

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
Old
phishn37 (Offline)
Time to fly ~ !

12-26-2007, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post

Why is that people in the West who are obsessed about everything Japanese tend to gravitate towards costumes featuring the entire spectrum on top of deep black with bright, unnatural hair-colours as well as ultra-high leather boots (or skate shoes, depending of gender) and lots and lots of metal on the face??? It's kind of like punk-meets-Emo-meets-Tye die.

Not that I don't like the style. I just can't figure out why it's almost only Japan freaks. I don't know if they really dress like that Japan or what, but even the anime and manga characters aren't so... 'loud'.

I confused~!!! T_T
I guess one could say that Japan "freaks" (as you call them ~ ) tend to like Harajuku style, if they like Japanese fashion at all. That includes punk, decora, and visual kei, which can all include crazy hair colors and lots of peircings.

I hope you are less confused now ~ !

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control!

My JapanForum Family!
Imotou : criminalpanda
Oniisan : IonFortuna
Oniisan: Tuhin
Otouto: MarkDuff
Oniisan: Hisuwashi
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
12-26-2007, 05:47 AM

Hmm... Makes a BIT more sense, I guess.

Oh, I used "freaks" because I couldn't think of better word. Maybe nerd would have been better, I dunno ^_^;;;

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
Old
lpdirufangirl09 (Offline)
Gaijin Zombie Hero

Send a message via AIM to lpdirufangirl09
12-26-2007, 06:30 AM

I took this picture at my sister's while her and her mom were making food for Christmas day and getting ready to put out her son's Santa Claus stuff. I think it looks really cool.

I'll bloom as the poison flower
and become the flower that blooms again.

Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post

I confused~!!! T_T
you could say that westerners like the idea of how the japanese imitate punk rock/goth style in such an intricate way. It appeals to them because most of these 'japan freaks' are mainly rockish/punky anyways so its just another style, they feel they should embrace.

thats one reason, You could also say that:

Harujuku is said to be one of the ways the japanese imitate wasterners and its sorta like a rebellious stage away from being japanese. For example, Lolita type dresses come almost directly out of the victorian era.

Whereas in the Western World, Harujuku is an escape for being western, to imitate the japanese who in turn are trying to imitate the westerners. LOL.

forgive my incoherent ramblings.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
Old
Jo_Kittie (Offline)
Still owns Uruha's ass.

Send a message via MSN to Jo_Kittie
12-26-2007, 07:34 PM

Kittie goes "KILL YOU!" XD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yargh.jpg (21.5 KB, 93 views)

x麗 性x

last.fmfacialbookfamilyyoutube

Uruha, Bou, Yuuto, Shiyuu, Yuuichi, Yomi, Hiko, Hide, Zero
Old
InsaneDoll (Offline)
trve metal pygmy

12-26-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdirufangirl09 View Post
I took this picture at my sister's while her and her mom were making food for Christmas day and getting ready to put out her son's Santa Claus stuff. I think it looks really cool.

I had to tilt my head right to see it properly but oy .. you look really good

"I tell you what's really ridiculous - going into a bookstore and there's all these books about yourself. In a way, it feels like you're already dead."
Closed Thread