JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
midori256 (Offline)
New to JF

Mori-girl style ・森ガール系 The concept of being in the forest - 08-08-2011, 05:15 AM

Hi, I'm Midori from Japan. I found that there is not much thread about Mori-girl style (or I can say that there is no thread about it *sad* ).
I'm really inspired by this style and just wondering if there is somebody with me ^0^. What do you think about Mori-girl style and natural style?

I love VK style, too, although it's completely different from Mori style. VK style is so cool, I just wish I have enough confidence to wear them though ;__;

By the way I and my friends are kinda doing some research about Japanese fashion styles and online shops. If you don't mind please do the questionnaire. It just takes 2 mins. --> Questionnaire about Mori-girl style.
We really appreciate your answers XD

Midori

anw I hope this thread would be a place for Mori-girl lovers *heart*

Last edited by midori256 : 08-08-2011 at 05:17 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Distortedshell (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Distortedshell
08-08-2011, 03:46 PM

I'm a guy and I'm not into women's fashion or anything, but out of curiosity I just googled both Mori-girl style and VK style just to have an idea what they were. From what I got from google images Mori-girl style looks cute on girls. I dig that look on girls! It's a very conventional dressing style for girls, but cute nonetheless! VK style on google images were mostly angled towards hairstyle but it looked like Goth/Punk Rock type style or such, but I am not sure if that's what it actually was. I have very little preference for both styles, but if I had to choose I'd pick Mori-girl style cause its quite adorable on girls. VK style is still cool in my book though.

Interesting look for girls though.........
(#3 (permalink))
Old
OsakaBlue (Offline)
New to JF

08-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Mori Girl: fashion and lifestyle of girls in the forest. Japanese street fashion and style blog.

That's what I found; the style is reminiscent of stylish outdoorsy person. Almost like Urban Outfitter. I used to dress in VK quite often when I was younger but I dress more casual now due to work and the fact that there are few people that dress up in the area I live. When I was living on the east coast, I'd cake on extreme makeup, dye my hair blue, and wear lots of VK-type clothing. Nowadays, I'm wearing more earth tone colors and dresses even.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Daylightful (Offline)
New to JF

08-13-2011, 06:18 PM

I really enjoy mori-girl style! I think it's a very earthly style. I like a more casual mori-girl. It is so calm and heavenly to me~

@Osaka, I follow that blog! Very nice photos!