JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
suitsense (Offline)
New to JF

Most popular Japanese fashions outside Japan? - 06-15-2015, 06:55 AM

Any other people who live outside Japan but are constantly on the lookout for other fashions?

The ones I know that are most popular right now are Visvim, BAPE, Wtaps, NEIGHBORHOOD, Uniform Experiment. Can anyone add to the list?

Dan
ファッションが好きです。得にビスビムです。
SUITSENSE
(#2 (permalink))
Old
HelloKittyNumber1Fan (Offline)
New to JF

Wink Japanese fashions loved the world over... - 06-25-2015, 03:40 AM

Currently the Japanese fashions loved the world over are (in alphabetic order): Angelic Pretty; As Know As; Ato; AvanteGarde, Baby; The Stars Shine Bright; COMME des GARÇONS (Which is the top iconic Japanese fashion); DressCamp; everlasting sprout; facetasm; furfur; G.V.G.V.; halluci; HIROKO KOSHINO (Japanese fashion legend); Issey Miyake (Another legend and one of my personal favorites - he's a Japanese national treasure); Milk; NIBROLL ABOUT STREET; OHYA; Ryota Shiga; SHINICHIRO ARAKAWA; SUPER LOVERS; Takuya Angel; Tiny Dinosaur; YAB-YUM; Yukiko Hanai.

There are many more but Japanese Street Fashion is the most popular worldwide. Anime influences a lot these days but some prefer the more elegant and again others go for a more wild and dramatic statements, but it's all great from the fun to the fantastic. Hope that helped your list.

Playful, skittish, yet seemingly wise for my years
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Fashion50s (Offline)
New to JF

07-02-2015, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the list. It will be very conducive for those people who is out side of Japan and love Japanese fashion.