JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
boinky78 (Offline)
JF Regular

Do you think overweight girls or thinner girls... - 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM

Pull off the lolita style better?
Do you think overweight girls should just stop wearing lolita?
Do you think brand should be made in bigger sizes
because thin girls don't look as good in it?
I always hear a lot of comments by people saying they hate
seeing overweight girls in lolita

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-18-2010, 11:46 PM

I don't think a style should be limited to one's weight.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

02-18-2010, 11:57 PM

Well technically styles aren't limited to a certain body type because they're made in different sizes, however that's not to say that a certain body type looks better in certain styles or that a certain style was created for a certain body type. As far as Lolita go, i think it's usually the slimmer the easier it is to pull it off but I don't doubt those that aren't as skinny can also make it look cute and attractive.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
-Shel Silverstein

"Who told me dragons did not exist,
then led me to their lairs
...one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest."

Last edited by Kakashi : 02-19-2010 at 12:03 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-19-2010, 12:12 AM

I don't think you shouldn't wear whatever style you want just because of your size or be put off from doing so, but there's ways of doing it that will work better if you're larger, and ways that will work better if you're a stick. It's the same with any fashion; sorry, skin-tight leggings will not suit you if you're over a certain size, it'll only highlight your weight and look highly unflattering. Knee socks are dodgy at the best of times as they cut your legs in half and make your calves look balloony. Layers of lace can look bulky and lumpy regardless who's wearing it if it's poorly constructed. The kind of dress that comes with a kimono type top? A floor length victoriana skirt? Totally looks better on larger girls. So do I think larger girls look worse in Lolita than skinny girls? Only if they're doing it wrong. Too many (round here anyway) seem to try and go for the twagic goffic consumptive look and it neither flatters nor can be taken seriously.

But then a lot of skinny girls look god-awful in Lolita too.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

02-19-2010, 12:31 AM

I love overweighted girls.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
02-19-2010, 12:57 AM

In my personal opinion, bigger girls can't pull off most styles. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to wear it.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-19-2010, 01:31 AM

let's put it this way, everyone has different body shapes, some girls, skinny or fat will pull it off better than others depending on their body shape.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#8 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2010, 06:59 PM

i think the worst thing a girl could do is to put on too much weight.i shouldn't talk though,i'm a beerboy myself.i know it's hard to give-up the things you like best.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

02-20-2010, 11:31 PM

Style is about how pieces look on you. Some cuts do not look good on all people. Clothes should be tailored to even out disparity between body areas.

I am sure gothic lolita can be worn by everyone, just the pieces in question need to be properly cut and tailored in order to present a coherent look.

The biggest mistake we can make stylistically is to wear clothes that are too small or too large or don't fit right across our frame. The clothes may look great alone, but they'll always look wrong if they're not the right fit.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#10 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

02-21-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
In my personal opinion, bigger girls can't pull off most styles. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to wear it.
you took the words right out of my mouth.... >.> but yeah i think mostly slimmer girls should wear lolita clothing it just tends to look more natural, but that doesnt mean bigger girls should wear it either all though i havent seen any pic or any of them walking around but that doesnt mean they cant look just as cute, and plus it also depends on what you consider "overweight" i think that tends to be use to often to describe girls who arent even overweight at all.