JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Trifectionx (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Trifectionx Send a message via MSN to Trifectionx Send a message via Skype™ to Trifectionx
The Truth Inside - 04-19-2011, 01:02 AM

you know i thought there were a lot of super hot chix about.

i remember thinking it hit tht so hard, if you could remove my sword after, you would become the king of england.

but then i saw this

Before and After Makeup Photos of Asian Girls

There is no such thing as ronin, fore all samurai know that I am their true master. Also, ninja, geisha and Pokemon in later years.
日本語を勉強する
(#2 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-19-2011, 03:13 AM

It's ironic because a lot of those "super hot" "gyaru" type girls are the ones who are the least attractive when all the makeup comes off.

Think about it- no real eyelashes, eyebrows almost completely plucked out, and a very flat skin tone.

It's funny that bald men get such a bad rap for wearing wigs or a combover. This kind of make up application is most certainly the female version of that.

There are plenty of women who do look fantastic without makeup though... but even that only lasts for so long. I think it's important to understand that and learn to like people for who they are and not just what they look like (although I do think people oughtta present themselves decently).
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tenmins (Offline)
JF Regular

04-19-2011, 04:00 AM

It's interesting speaking to Japanese women about makeup. Just about all the ones I've spoken to find it quite a chore that society imposes upon them and that to go out in public without makeup will get you as many stares as shaving all your hair off.

Less is more...

http://www.tenmins.com
(#4 (permalink))
Old
XxBiancaxX (Offline)
New to JF

04-19-2011, 09:50 AM

OMG!!! o_o they are made of plastic!! well... make up XP!!! and... how long it takes to apply all that make up...???
But if they are happy living in that way... then thats ok!!! rigth??
(#5 (permalink))
Old
shu (Offline)
JF Wanker

Send a message via Yahoo to shu
05-06-2011, 02:01 AM

i think they look fine without makeup.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-06-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
i think they look fine without makeup.
I completely disagree, hideous and frightening is what they are without makeup.
With makeup they look like a jack-in-the-box lol. Or a time-bomb. Or the most traumatic "next morning" experience.

That link was very educational to me. It will certainly change the way I see some people lol.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
gelianque (Offline)
New to JF

05-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Although the majority was very shock-inducing, I still think there are some who looks okay in their "before" pic but i have to say that some looks really fake >..< ...always be wary of those who use too much make-up hahaha
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

05-06-2011, 06:41 PM

Pretty sure some of them aren't even the same people...

Many of them have completely different face structures or appear to have lost a lot of weight. If it is the same people the images might be years apart in some cases. What is even the point of this? To show that asian girls are really ugly without makeup, or just to show girls in general are ugly?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
tokioprincess1 (Offline)
New to JF

05-06-2011, 06:48 PM

hmm...some of them looks good in both...but...in my opinion most of them are looking...how to say it...oi don´t wanna be rude...ok, the can´t do nothing about what they are looking like...so they use make-up to look like some idols...and i absolutely have nothing against it...but honestly...if i were a boy i would not like to awake and the first thing which i could see is the face of girl i didn´t know before(if they take off their make-up)...some of them are that careful, that even their hudbands don´t exactly know how they look like in real...i mean wothout make-up...that is something i´ve read, so i am not sure about it...but still this is kind of scary...
(#10 (permalink))
Old
dosu (Offline)
JF Regular

05-06-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesselt View Post
or just to show girls in general are ugly?
hahahahahaha XD