LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
tinyjrocker (Offline)
loves your money

Baby, The Stars Shine Bright - 07-15-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Baby, The Stars Shine Bright (株式会社 ベイビー、ザ スターズ シャイン ブライト, Kabushiki Kaisha Beibī, Za Sutāzu Shain Buraito) (Shortened to Baby or BTSSB) is the name of a Japanese clothing boutique chain created in 1988 by Akinori Isobe and his wife, Fumiyo. The original fashion house is located in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. Baby, The Stars Shine Bright specializes in Lolita fashion, and like Manifesteange Metamorphose temps de fille, their main focus is the subcategory Sweet Lolita. Baby, The Stars Shine Bright has recently opened a new store in Paris, France.

The CEO and creator, Akinori Isobe, states in an interview for the Lolita-rich Shimotsuma Monogatari (aka Kamikaze Girls) book, film, and comic, that he has plans to make an official English-language version of the Baby website and formally enter the American and European markets . He has not done this yet, but there is talk of a Baby the Stars Shine Bright opening in San Francisco, although there still are English-language instructions on how to order from the all-Japanese website. Currently there is a Baby the Stars Shine Bright in Paris, France. The New York City branch of Kinokuniya has also been selling clothing from the label, including dresses, headdresses, shoes and socks.

As mentioned in Shimotsuma Monogatari, the label's name was taken from the title of an album by English pop music group Everything But the Girl.
After seeing the brand in the movie and reading the book and it confirming it to be a real brand, I checked it out.

I'm not one for being a lolita, or wearing lolita dresses, but I like their accessories. I just ordered from them for the first time on Friday, some rings. From their emails they seem to be nice and have great costumer service, they replied to me fast(though since it's the weekends, mail-ordered is closed and I have to wait til Monday for the next reply)

Check out their official site, go to shopping to see what they have. And if you want to order, check this page out.

So who here loves the brand, wears it, has been to the store, whatever, post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sanchome (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-15-2007, 07:15 AM

I have walked by the Baby The Stars Shine Bright store in Daikanyama and you often see Harajuku girls on Sundays wearing their BTSSB dresses.

Here is a picture of a Japanese girl wearing a BTSSB dress:

Bigger version of the picture here.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tinyjrocker (Offline)
loves your money

07-15-2007, 07:26 AM

Oh really? I really wanna go to that store, because it was in the Kamikaze Girls movie, to see it in person.

Not sure they used the one exactly, but that's what was said. I want to go to any BABY in general though.

Thanks for posting the picture, I've seen that dress on their site, and it's nice.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyDemise (Offline)
喜悦

07-17-2007, 07:20 PM

I love this brand~ The first dress I wear in Lolita fashion I want to be from there (^^) (Still need to slim down, haha). I really wanted to go there (and many other stores) while in Japan.. but sadly I couldn't T_T I had to return early). Either way, i'm glad to see a topic for BTSSB~

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#5 (permalink))
Old
tinyjrocker (Offline)
loves your money

07-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Cool~ Sorry you couldn't go there though, I hope you get to go next time you go to Japan. I know I want to.

Just finally sent the payment for my rings today to them, they were busy I'm sure, so they replied a little late. Also their site now has a 'coming soon'(though they spelled it 'comimg soon') banner for a English (online) store for overseas costumers! I'm really happy to see that, and excited! Yeah!

I guess not that many know of BABY, not too many posts. Oh well~

icon by-xnahnseex
(#6 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-18-2007, 07:35 PM

its a cute label.
i think, personally, id look a bit comical dressed as a doll. (5'8) but the style is so sweet and gorgeous- just not on me lol.

!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
喜悦

07-18-2007, 09:04 PM

Awesome~ I hope you get your rings very soon. And I'm glad to see that sign too, haha. I hope I can get something from them soon.. even if it's just a necklace ^^

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#8 (permalink))
Old
tinyjrocker (Offline)
loves your money

07-18-2007, 10:52 PM

I hope I get it very very soon, they said it might take like a week though, but I'll live.

They recently got some new necklaces, check 'em out. But sometimes the necklaces are alot, but it depends which ones you buy, I think that's what I want next, or a shirt.

icon by-xnahnseex
(#9 (permalink))
Old
喜悦

07-19-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjrocker View Post
I hope I get it very very soon, they said it might take like a week though, but I'll live.

They recently got some new necklaces, check 'em out. But sometimes the necklaces are alot, but it depends which ones you buy, I think that's what I want next, or a shirt.
Ah, okay ^^ I hope you enjoy it then~

Thank you for telling me~ I really need to get back into keeping up with everything D: I've taken a slight liking to this necklace:
http://www.babyssb.co.jp/shopping/ac.../129849-sv.jpg
but $155 is a little out of my range right now, haha.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
musashi (Offline)
Is throwing the apples...

Send a message via AIM to musashi
07-19-2007, 12:38 AM

OMGSB! That dress is so cute! I should so check out these clothes!

If love is stupid, then I stupid you!

An Apple A Day Keeps Anyone Away If You Throw It Hard Enough...