JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Akakori (Offline)
New to JF

Where can I get traditional clothing? - 07-19-2007, 03:55 PM

(This isn't necessarily fashion, but it's about Japanese clothing, so bare with me)

Konnichi wa

I'm brand new to the forums, because I really hope you guys can help me with a problem I'm having. Next month I'm going to AmeCon 07 (Leicester, UK) and I've not made any cosplay yet, but I have an idea! I'm gonna go as Soujirou from Lucky Star (that's Konata's dad), but first I need to find somewhere that sells tradtional clothing.

There are plenty of websites that sell beautiful kimono and yukata, and some even sell more plain kimono and casual jinbei. But the two items I need still elude me! I need what is call a samue (a simple cotton top and bottom) in blue/grey and a dotera (or tanzen) (a thick padded robe) in dull red. (Those of you who watch Lucky Star should recognise this.)

I want to ask: Is there any of you who know of places online that sell these items of clothing and ship overseas? It's an obscure request but there's not much more I can do. Also (and here's a reall long shot) is there any of you who are living in Japan and able to mail to me? Any help will be appreciated.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-19-2007, 04:55 PM

you can go to “ jlist.com ”. maybe you can find what your are looking for.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka