JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
SaginumaEki (Offline)
JF Regular

08-06-2007, 05:48 AM

Mmmyeah. Plus, a lot of new pop stars are clean cut. So yeah...
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
08-06-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaginumaEki View Post
like a week ago (I used to go every weekend), I actually didn't see any of the creepy people that are shown in pictures. I saw like 2 lolitas my entire time in Japan. (2 months) Does anyone else who's been to Japan feel that the west over exaggerates Japanese fashion? Most people wear western designers or school uniforms. They look like people from every other country...even the ganguro look like SoCal girls.
what day did you go?
Sat is the day they come out alot.

also you'll see more in winter.

realize that its VERY hot now... not many people wana cosplay and sit around in super hot weather.

i see A LOT during the winter break.

its very humid now also.

also im guessing you havent been to many festivals... when those go on they ALL come out and show off.

but generally your right, west over exaggerates how much cos players come out and what not.

but shibuya is always filled with Shibbies

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan

Last edited by Housetek : 08-06-2007 at 06:24 AM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
SaginumaEki (Offline)
JF Regular

08-06-2007, 06:27 AM

I LOVE Shibuya. So much.

I tried to avoid conferences. But yeah, maybe if you go looking for them, you'll find them. I went on all the weekends. It was sooo atsui it was ridonk.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
08-06-2007, 06:30 AM

yea i hate walking out of the house all nice and clean and what not.

taking a few steps and being soaked in sweat and nasty =P

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

(#25 (permalink))
Old
SaginumaEki (Offline)
JF Regular

08-06-2007, 06:36 AM

I know. When I bought my keitai I got a free Happy Fan from AU by KDDI. I was like. This. Has. Saved. My. Life. For serious. WOrst thing ever was getting off the air conditioned bus and being hit by a wave of heat. Damn.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Sanchome (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-06-2007, 08:13 AM

The Harajuku girls still come out on weekends, but not in the huge numbers that they used to. It's the same with the bands at Yoyogi, they are still there, but less than there were years ago.

Sunday is the day when the cosplayers hang out on the bridge, but you will also see quite a few lolitas and other fashion types walking around the Takeshita area on Saturday or Sunday.

I was out there last weekend and the bridge was pretty empty because of the heat, but some of them were walking on Takeshita and around LaForet.

Even during the week, after school, you are likely to see some of the Harajuku girls dressed up and shopping for clothing and accessories in Harajuku.

If you want to see Japanese girl fashion, don't forget 109 in Shibuya. You can go in there and be shocked every time. But it's not Harajuku style, of course.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-08-2007, 11:39 PM

well i dont go to tokyo much but it really does depends on the location. Not everywhere in harajuka r weird lolita people u know
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

08-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaicui View Post
well i dont go to tokyo much but it really does depends on the location. Not everywhere in harajuka r weird lolita people u know
very true.

i see more tourist lookin for harajuku girls then there are harajuku girls around haha

but today they were out and about in the main street.

some tv show was doing a taping there.

MR.JF & Jf God

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-12-2007, 12:57 AM

I saw them mostly in the club areas. And in the back alleys of rich-looking locations.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
nippon (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to nippon Send a message via Yahoo to nippon
not for me - 08-12-2007, 01:20 AM

woah i must be lucky i went i mid june and saw tooooons of cosplay and so many lolitas my lips almost explodded from talking to sooo many girlz in 1 day

the most important thing in life is what makes u happy