JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
xHikariXCutenesSXAmex (Offline)
Alice Nine is life

04-23-2010, 07:48 PM

I'm totally VK! Only toned down because my mother...
(#82 (permalink))
Old
fei (Offline)
JF Regular

04-27-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHikariXCutenesSXAmex View Post
I'm totally VK! Only toned down because my mother...
sorry about that, my mom keeps telling me to tone it down like every 2 secs so i know how it feels
my family is extremely judgemental

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/Black-Chan/signatures%20and%20avatars/Reitacopy.jpg
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Teruko (Offline)
New to JF

04-30-2010, 09:16 PM

I dress vk when I can. I actually have a vk haircut (layered mullet), and I love it. I was originally going to go lolita, but my mom wasn't okay with it at all. So, I just decided to be a little more rebellious and go vk. (Not that vk is bad or anything; I actually find that the other vk people I meet are some of the nicest and most decent people around.) I must say, the style has really boosted my confidence about myself, and I doubt that I'll ever go back to the way I originally was. It's just such a beautiful and fun style.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Alice Nine is life

05-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fei View Post
sorry about that, my mom keeps telling me to tone it down like every 2 secs so i know how it feels
my family is extremely judgemental
I know right!? It's insane. She was a teenager in the 80's, dressed in such style but won't let me dress what I want to. Whatever.

Alice Nine is Life
(#85 (permalink))
Old
fei (Offline)
JF Regular

05-08-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I know right!? It's insane. She was a teenager in the 80's, dressed in such style but won't let me dress what I want to. Whatever.
my sister constintaly(sp) make fun of me too like i dress like lady gaga and NO I DONT VK is so much kewler and not so weird

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/Black-Chan/signatures%20and%20avatars/Reitacopy.jpg
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Alice Nine is life

05-09-2010, 01:17 AM

Ugh... Lady gaga, don't get me started. She stole Harajuku and VK and put some wacked out weirdo twist on it. Like Emo.

Alice Nine is Life
(#87 (permalink))
Old
fei (Offline)
JF Regular

05-17-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Ugh... Lady gaga, don't get me started. She stole Harajuku and VK and put some wacked out weirdo twist on it. Like Emo.
its so bloody annoying when people call you emo or goth ....its like i look so much cooler, its not my fault they stole the style and didn't even do a good job

(#88 (permalink))
Old
AyaLOVE (Offline)
New to JF

05-18-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fei View Post
its so bloody annoying when people call you emo or goth ....its like i look so much cooler, its not my fault they stole the style and didn't even do a good job

I know that is so annoying

I'm a girl and I want to dress vk but I don't know where to start. Does anyone have any tips for a beginner?
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Gizorz (Offline)
New to JF

05-19-2010, 11:52 PM

Lol, what a discussion...

First of all, harajuku isn't a style, it's a district. And I don't really see the connection between Lady GaGa and Visual Kei, since Visual Kei is based on androgynity, and I don't think you can call Lady Gaga androgyn If you'd say Gwen Stephani I'd totally agree though.

As for Gothic and emo? It was around way before Visual Kei was. Besides, Visual Kei is just an altered Japanese version of Glam rock. So who's stealing what?

I like the style on guys, but I'm not much a fan of it on girls, allthough some pull it off really well ^^ I'm really girly though, so it's not my thing
(#90 (permalink))
Old
alchemicproduct (Offline)
New to JF

no you're not!! - 12-17-2010, 03:24 AM

woooo hoooo!! I luv vis kei, and try to dress in outfits inspired by it everyday