JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Ordering Lolita Clothes (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/7925-ordering-lolita-clothes.html)

apricotsushi 09-18-2007 07:34 PM

Ordering Lolita Clothes

Hi everyone, I'm brand-spanking-new to this forum and was wondering if anyone had ever actually ordered lolita clothes from a Japanese retailer? Or even better, bought them at a store? I'm curious because I'm interested in buying things from the Baby, the Stars Shine Bright website but am unsure of how reliable it will be/whether or not the clothes will fit. Obviously I know they give you measurements for the waist size, etc. but everything only comes in one size... So has anyone that's not a tiny Japanese girl actually bought and worn these clothes?!

Pictures are welcome :) and よろしくおねがいしま〜す!:rheart:

gloomth 09-18-2007 10:58 PM

I think youve just answered your own question.

I run a clothing company and we work damn hard to provide accurate measurements of our pieces so that customers wont be disappointed when they get them- I imagine Baby' does the same. If you see the measurements on the Baby site and compare them to your own you will know how the clothing will fit. If you dont squeeze into their measurements then its not the brand for you. *shrug*

:) Best be informed and really consider an online purchase prior to making one.

Shinserph 09-19-2007 02:11 AM

@apricotsushi Welcome to JF and hope you enjoy here =P

Oh yeah...Gloomth's clothes are top notch~ Hope you might contact her for it XDDD

gloomth 09-19-2007 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinserph (Post 238309)
@apricotsushi Welcome to JF and hope you enjoy here =P

Oh yeah...Gloomth's clothes are top notch~ Hope you might contact her for it XDDD

Aww youre so sweet!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
I havent done enough Loli type clothing sadly- but Ive plans for it!

Shinserph 09-19-2007 06:38 AM

i might be able to help out cause in singapore...i get to see loads of style so might be able to show you out =p

bloodsinger 09-19-2007 07:16 AM

Shinserph: You live in Singapore too? Ano... Can you tell me where you buy japanese style clothings? I have been trying to order from Gloomth since 2 months ago but my parents just won't allow me to order from overseas so do you mind telling me where to buy Japanese style clothes in Singapore if you know?

Apricotsushi: One of my classmate have bought Japanese clothes online. Some can be customised others can't. All you have to do is see if you can fit into the clothings with the measurements they give you. If you can't maybe you can try asking for customised ne with extra payment. I think this kind of questions should go to Gloomth though as she has the most expertise. Love her clothes too.

Shinserph 09-19-2007 07:59 AM

have to bring you personally though sorry bout it

apricotsushi 09-19-2007 07:27 PM

Thanks, I'll definitely check out Gloomth's site!

gloomth 09-19-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodsinger (Post 238441)
I think this kind of questions should go to Gloomth though as she has the most expertise. Love her clothes too.

Aww! I love this forum.

:)
We do a bit of custom stuff occasionally. what are you looking for?

bloodsinger 09-23-2007 03:06 AM

Shinserph: Haha. Nevermind at least I know that Singapore has hope. I will go all out in looking for it haha.