JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Fashion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/)
-   -   Japanese Gothic Lolita hatchets her dad to death (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-fashion/8474-japanese-gothic-lolita-hatchets-her-dad-death.html)

Sanchome 10-08-2007 06:23 PM

Japanese Gothic Lolita hatchets her dad to death

I saw this news story about a 16 year old Japanese gothic lolita girl, who was also into reading and drawing manga. Last month, she killed her father with a hatchet. I wonder if the Japanese press will blame manga and gothic lolita culture for the killing? Here is some of the article:

Upon entering the second-story bedroom, the Japanese police beheld a nightmarish scene that appeared as if the Manson Family had just paid a visit. Clad in a black one-piece frock spattered with blood from the grisly deed, the dead man's 16 year old daughter was arrested on the spot.

The young perpetrator was a full-fledged gosu-rori ("Gothic Lolita"), a Japanese subculture that took root around 1990, in which young women dress up in frilly Victorian costumes that range from the ultracute to the macabre.

According to Shukan Post, the teen was also said to have been particularly infatuated with "Fullmetal Alchemist," Hiromu Arakawa's popular comic serial about hard-luck siblings who had lost their mother.

You can read the full article about the killer Japanese Gothic Lolita here.

Acidreptile 10-08-2007 06:42 PM

I guess that many people will probably blame the whole Gothic Lolita subculture for that.Like when they say that violent games makes the kids violent.Society always blame something else when those kind of thing happens because they refuse to admit that actually the problem is with the society itself.Also people tend to refuse to believe that someone can kill in Cold-Blood without any Negative influences.But the truth in my opinion is that a killer will always kill.With or without influences.For a Natural-Born killer anything can be a trigger,from movies to games,and mangas or books.So if they blame the Gothic Lolitas for the whole thing,I think that would be totally wrong.The girl was just insane.That's it.

t3hcur3 10-09-2007 10:09 PM

She may not have been insane.

according to the article, the girl was "sick of his womanizing" - that may have meant her father was cheating on her mother, which could be scarring enough for a young girl, but if we're facing facts, he may have abused her.

I think that it's more likely that she turned to gothic loli, anime, and drawing because she was trying to escape from reality.

I've wanted to kill my dad, too...I just never did it. there are some really awful people in the world...me included, probably..

Kaicui 10-09-2007 10:52 PM

lmao he got 1 hit KO!

MaymeRachael 10-10-2007 12:23 AM

God that's horribe but would make for a good horror movie! *runs into room and begins writing*

Zanmai 10-10-2007 01:32 PM

Woah gruesome. But it sounds like gothic lolita, anime and the likes are being blamed for that murder. But hey, mainstream entertainment is violent too. Look at Saw, and it's sequels, Final Destination and such. Why only blame anime eh? Sorry if I sound obsessed and stuff, I love anime and EGL, so I really can't stand people blaming them when things go wrong. If anything, such things happen because there isn't enough love in the world.

>tehcur3: you don't sound like the awful people I know. Don't worry. You sound sane =D need a hug?

>Acidreptile: Love your reasoning, not because it defends Gothic Lolitaa, but yea, it points out clearly the biases of society. They can't accept what is not "mainstream"

Lien 10-10-2007 01:43 PM

it grosses me out to see that everytime something happens they look if the murderer or thief or whatever belongs to a subculture and then they start spreading nonsense about it. in my capital city brussels there's a murderer called 'manga-killer' on the loose, he killed somebody and left a note wich refers to death note, so know the cops think he's a japanese or a japanese fanatic

Demysia 10-10-2007 01:45 PM

I agree with Zanmai.

That's horrible though x__X

gloomth 10-10-2007 02:48 PM

Choppy Choppy.

Ok that was rude.
I hate it when the media decides that horrible things that happen are the fault of a subculture fashion or trend. I get nasty ridiculous emails from morons the world over blaming goths for whatever atrocity recently occurred. its so maddening.

Dear World,
THE WAY YOU DRESS DOES NOT INSTANTLY DEVELOP MURDEROUS/CRUEL TENDENCIES WITHIN YOURSELF!!!!!! DOES YOUR DRESS SHIRT MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL? NO! THINK ABOUT IT.
(steps off podium)
-tae

Tsuzuki 10-10-2007 02:51 PM

mau ^^,