JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
silhouettesofamelody (Offline)
Heather Heart<3Sick

Fashion, Fashion, Assistance Please. - 10-12-2007, 01:11 AM

Like every other girl in the world I adore fashion. Maybe a tad bit more than others but whose judging. I'm looking for new styles ans things to try out I'm a very optimistic person, so I won't shoot your ideas down at once. At the moment I'm also trying to at least loose 35-pounds.( Yes, I'm a fat American... I'm not going to denigh that.) Seeing as one of the looks I'm focusing on surrounding myself in, I need to be a bit thinner... also I want to be healthy... and show a certain person that I can do it.

Any way I love suggestions, and I'm just getting back into the scheme of all things colorful. I usually stick to pinks, light blues, reds, and blacks. I also like really bright colors though. Throw some make up ideas out there for me. Clothing Ideas, Health Tips. Whatever I don't care. ( I'm excited. )

^ That's pretty much what I look Like At the moment, though i eventually want to die my hair lighter and want to grow it aout and get it re-cut to something like this.

^ Picture of Sonimbaby from Buzznet

Heavy Hearts
Heavy Heads
Every Now and Again
They Deserve Some
Rest.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Zanmai (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Zanmai
10-12-2007, 08:01 AM

Aw I understand that bit about showing a certain person you can do it. Yea you go girl.

I'l currently trying to shed about 10kg (not sure how much is that in pounds...). Um currently I manage to lose 4kg in 1 month. Whee.

Ok, here's how I do it.
Go gym 2 times a week. I spend 1 hour on cardio (treadmill, cycling, etc) then 30 mins to tone (weights and such). Toning is important, else you'll end up looking like a bag of skin after losing weight. Scary...
Dietwise, didn't change much. But I have a feeling that Asian and American diets are kinda different... so here goes.
Breakfast: a nice meal, like sandwich (no mayo, or other condiments). A good drink like coffee (Nothing like java to get you going, if you know what I mean ). Breakfast is important because it helps lowers your food intake in the later part of your day. Oh yes, add an apple or banana. To decrease sugar intake later, and keep you fuller throughout the day.

Lunch: Ok, I alternate a full meal between lunch and dinner. Meaning if I eat a meal for lunch, I'll eat something light for dinner. So normally lunch would be um... noodles, with veges and meat, or porridge, or if I feel like it, a burger and fries.
Light meal: An apple/banana or whatever fruits I have in the fridge, and a cup of hot oats.

Dinner: It's usually homecook, so it's more healthy. You get to control the amount of oil, salt sugar you use. And I try to use spices to flavor my food instead, so I use less artificial flavoring. The size of my meal usually wouldn't exceed my palm size. I also try to put in a good mix of veges and proteins in my food. Asian dinner usually consists of rice, brown rice would be better, so I'm fine on the carbs and fibre department.

Oh and maybe a way to gradually lessen food intake during meals is have some snacks on hand. Fruits and nuts are alright. I go for the occasional chocolate when I'm down =p And eating fruits before a meal is a nice way to fill yourself without gaining extra calories.

Feel free to pm me to explain some stuff. Hope this helps.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
10-19-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouettesofamelody View Post
[color="Black"]Yes, I'm a fat American...
Wooooohooooooo ^_^ Go States & McDonald's*I'm from Illinois by the way!*
Now now don't be so negative...
Contact me sometime I'll chat fashion w/ya
I'm going to college for Fashion Design ^^

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS