JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
VincentGunnerOfdeath (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Hair: VERY long, what can i do with it? - 10-26-2007, 11:44 PM

Alright i am 16, and i really long hair, im 5'1" and my hair goes down to my but, so yea thats long. Well i have always wanted to get a cool hair style, but not cut. I do NOT want to do something that would have me cut my hair; i just want something that i can do with my 2 1/2 feet long hair. Oh and my hair isn't naturally wavy, i crimped it.

And color, i go good with reds, blacks, or dark browns; so anything that enables me to do those colors as well would be helpful.And if you would know what other colors would go good with me tell me please ^^. But im just looking for hair styles at the moment so ANY help would be wonderful! (and im trying to find something j-rockish ^_-)

And this is me! excuse the pic, its the only good one i have.

Last edited by VincentGunnerOfdeath : 10-26-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: adding something
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Laine (Offline)
とび魚

Send a message via MSN to Laine
10-27-2007, 12:43 AM

I've recommended this site before: http://www.rasysa.com/pkg/style/

I think it's especially good for you because the hairstyles women are sporting in the long & very long styles are mostly curly, like yours (or how you have made yours.)

A jrock inspired hairstyle? You look more 'cute' than jrock to me; but if you really want a jrock look, I suggest you start loading on the eyeliner and plucking those eyebrows. As far as long jrock hairstyles go, you can always go for the mullet or the Bou look. Most of the hairstyles I've seen (excluding Mana and his wildness) are for super straight hair, though, so you should get a straightening iron if you don't have one already.

Bou

mullet? (thick & short hair reaching the face, while the rest is long & thinned out)

(#3 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-27-2007, 01:33 AM

yay long hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also have long hair i refuse to cut. 5'8 and about 2 inches above my butt currently but im growing it to that stripperella length.

Um seriously try clip on hair streaks. if you dont want to dye the sh*t out of your hair with bleaching etc try em, theyre really easy to conceal in long hair- I use em myself- and you can pretty much get any color and texture online.
ill post pics of me wearing mine sometime- i have black, white, and a reddish tone.

um otherwise id just suggest playing with color if youre not afraid of damaging your hair permanently. i baby the HELL out of my hair because it is colored and has been for 12 yrs so it needs TONS of conditioning (ps if you need recommendations on cheap good conditioners ive tried most everything it seems LOL).

EEE never cut your hair!!! I love long hair!! yay
(#4 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonflyheels Send a message via MSN to dragonflyheels
10-27-2007, 01:01 PM

I suggest having a fringe cut in... I like fringes and then going for loose tie-up styles, plaits and those ponytails that tie at the bottom... and if you have split ends have them chopped off, you don't want nasty tuffty hair and it's best snipping them whilst they're little before they split all the way up... that's if you have them, you may not...
Also like Gloomth said, you should buy clip in colour... I won't touch my hair with anything like bleach or dye, not after my razor-cut, bleached mess. Like I said in another thread, if you do dye/bleach your hair and it goes dry try not going out for a while and let your hair get really greasy to get the natural oils back in, but keep greasy hair off your face or you'll get spots... if you constantly wash your hair it'll make it dry too. I usually just tell people: wash your hair too much, it'll fall out. Instead of going into a scientific explanation on why washing your hair too much will trash it.
I've learnt from my mistakes, my really thick, coarse hair has now turned into thin, fine hair =/ so what I've done to my hair in the past I will never do again!