JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Brainstomring (Offline)
New to JF

anybody want to setup your own fashion brands?? (my design post at #14) - 10-27-2007, 11:56 AM

i want to setup the street fashion brands, but very difficult.

anybody also have this idea?

and now abideth Faith, Hope and Clarity, these three:
but the greatest of these is Clarity.

Last edited by Brainstomring : 11-09-2007 at 03:42 AM. Reason: add futher information
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-27-2007, 12:04 PM

^O_O! you're from HK? you're chinese?
wow.. read your blog.. nice blog

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

Last edited by TheUnknown : 10-27-2007 at 12:15 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonflyheels Send a message via MSN to dragonflyheels
10-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstomring View Post
i want to setup the street fashion brands, but very difficult.

anybody also have this idea?
It'd be cool and fun, I give you that. I suppose you need money, determination and style. I'd like to do it, but I lack the determination and probably money, unless my parents fund it... they have quite a bit of cash. [bigheaded me didn't say I lack style, but I don't think I'm that bad with it]
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Brainstomring (Offline)
New to JF

10-28-2007, 02:23 PM

yes, i also think that, money and poduct style is very important.
that not a easy jobs.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonflyheels Send a message via MSN to dragonflyheels
10-28-2007, 02:40 PM

I guess you need something that will really take off or something that is different but subtle, because some people won't wear different things to their friends, because they're scared that they'll look weird and people will talk about them in a bad way. For me I don't really mind if people talk about me in anyway, in fact I like it, because I like to be known... I know people talk about me at college.
Also I think it'd help if you had a qualification in fashion design and that you do generally look different from everyone else, because that's what gets you noticed... I mean if you look on TV at the top fashion designers they're so unusual- and that's coming from me!
Money is definitely the most major problem, though. If you don't have it you're not going to get very far =(
(#6 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2007, 03:33 PM

As someone who designs clothes and runs a brand name full time, for a living- its much harder than you can guess.

Theres a lot more to it than I ever guessed when I first started. Theres a lot of things you actually have to pay attention to outside of the clothing design itself.
How are you going to promote your brand/store???
How will you stand out from every other person/store doing what you do???
How will you PAY FOR IT ALL??!
its expensive. and it doesnt get cheaper over time. you buy supplies, you buy advertising, you buy equipment, you pay for staff, you pay for etc....

if youre going to do it RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. There are too many uninformed brands and stores that will never succeed due to the lack of research for their market/work prior to startup. Seriously spend months just READING and finding out what works before you waste your money.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

10-28-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post
As someone who designs clothes and runs a brand name full time, for a living- its much harder than you can guess.

Theres a lot more to it than I ever guessed when I first started. Theres a lot of things you actually have to pay attention to outside of the clothing design itself.
its expensive. and it doesnt get cheaper over time. you buy supplies, you buy advertising, you buy equipment, you pay for staff, you pay for etc....

if youre going to do it RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. There are too many uninformed brands and stores that will never succeed due to the lack of research for their market/work prior to startup. Seriously spend months just READING and finding out what works before you waste your money.

but running a business no matter what it is, is hard. market research is alqays fun though. ^^.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Lien (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Lien
10-28-2007, 04:33 PM

I kinda have this secret dream of becoming a fashion designer. I would love to start a new kinda of fashion line with goth, punk, emo, lolita and other style thingies. And when i would have a store i would make it special with blacklight and stuff

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Brainstomring (Offline)
New to JF

10-28-2007, 04:41 PM

many more information. thank.
u working in this field?

(#10 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

10-28-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post

For me it can stay a dream... lol, looks way too hard. And with research, I guess that a qualification in business studies won't do any harm either!
And I've seen these brands that have gotten nohere, especially ones that think they can buy a load of t-shirts, print some rubbish stuff on them and then add everyone they can find on MySpace, hoping they'd get a little bit of business.