JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   It's all I like! (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/11742-its-all-i-like.html)

SakanaMidori 01-18-2008 07:07 PM

It's all I like!

Is that weird?

The more interested I get into Japanese culture, the less I like western foods.

And now, I pretty much only like Japanese and Chinese food.

But I don't think I ever really liked western food before, I was just ill-exposed.

Or was I?

Oh dear....................

So has this happened to anyone else?

VisualKei 01-18-2008 11:54 PM

I like western food, but I still prefer Chinese food to everything else.

...And Japanese, to an extent. Depends on what it is. I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but some of those dishes really seem strange.

Kloudcat 01-18-2008 11:57 PM

i dont think i ever had japanese food, but i like chinese food...

samurai007 01-19-2008 12:43 AM

I never ate much Japanese food before going to Japan because really, there are no good Japanese restaurants in my town. I of course ate a lot of it in Japan, but while over there, I eventually became quite homesick for some western food ... a nice pork roast with garlic, a roast turkey thigh, a big juicy hamburger, real pizza (without mayonnaise, corn, or octopus on it the way Japanese do it), and spaghetti with real Italian sauce, not watered down ketchup. Now that I'm back in the US, I miss real Japanese food (not what passes for Japanese here), like kara'age, tonkatsu, yakisoba, Hakata-style ramen, etc.

MaymeRachael 01-19-2008 12:09 PM

You talked about the more you found out in Japanese culture the less you cared from Western culture...I'm the same way with both food & music! ^_~

Uriko 01-19-2008 12:41 PM

ohh..japanese food is yummy. but depending on my mood, sometimes i want western food. ^_^;

SakanaMidori 01-19-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaymeRachael (Post 362605)
You talked about the more you found out in Japanese culture the less you cared from Western culture...I'm the same way with both food & music! ^_~

lol! Me too, actually. Food, music, and watching a Japanese TV show in japanese when all I'd seen before is the english dub.

Cyasarin 01-19-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakanaMidori (Post 363087)
lol! Me too, actually. Food, music, and watching a Japanese TV show in japanese when all I'd seen before is the english dub.

Oh my goshes, I do that, too. The only difference is is that I only do that like a few days a month. Once I'm done with my noodles, I go right back to Burger King. I love BK. <3

Emeko 01-23-2008 07:38 PM

well I like all kinds of food:D

but I think westren food is not very delicious like the japanese

thank u

Ichigo2013 01-23-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakanaMidori (Post 361426)
Is that weird?

The more interested I get into Japanese culture, the less I like western foods.

And now, I pretty much only like Japanese and Chinese food.

But I don't think I ever really liked western food before, I was just ill-exposed.

Or was I?

Oh dear....................

So has this happened to anyone else?

If that's weird, I'm weird. I'm the same way...