JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-03-2008, 06:31 PM

I randomly bought some shrimp sushi yesterday. Was meh and I didn't even eat all of it. I usually like seafood but that was just too fishy, to the point where it was almost nauseating.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
02-04-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
I randomly bought some shrimp sushi yesterday. Was meh and I didn't even eat all of it. I usually like seafood but that was just too fishy, to the point where it was almost nauseating.
Oh Ick! Sounds like you got some old sushi to me. Did it smell really fishy, too? That's a good sign that it was old, if it did. Fresh seafood should never smell fishy or taste too fishy either.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-05-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightChilde25 View Post
Oh Ick! Sounds like you got some old sushi to me. Did it smell really fishy, too? That's a good sign that it was old, if it did. Fresh seafood should never smell fishy or taste too fishy either.
Nope, was made fresh that day at the grocery store at the sushi counter. It was even marked as best before feb 3rd.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

02-05-2008, 01:23 AM

Raw shrip is good with some sauce.

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-05-2008, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Nope, was made fresh that day at the grocery store at the sushi counter. It was even marked as best before feb 3rd.
The date when it was made has nothing to do with it - it`s the date that the shrimp were killed that makes the difference. I could make a meal out of rotten meat, but it would still be rotten.
It sounds like they used old iffy shrimp to make it. Uck. You have to eat raw shrimp VERY soon after killing them. They go bad quickly.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

02-05-2008, 08:20 AM

im having omuraisu tonight

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-05-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The date when it was made has nothing to do with it - it`s the date that the shrimp were killed that makes the difference. I could make a meal out of rotten meat, but it would still be rotten.
It sounds like they used old iffy shrimp to make it. Uck. You have to eat raw shrimp VERY soon after killing them. They go bad quickly.
No idea on when the shrimp itself was caught. I do know though that the shrimp was cooked, at least the filleted ones. Can't say exactly for the ones wrapped in the seaweed with sauce. I might have been a combination of the sauce and seaweed I didn't take to though. I usually loveeee shrimp and I didn't taste anything wrong with the parts that were just rice and filleted shrimp.

Can't really see it being bad seafood either... it's literally the biggest grocery store chain in ontario. They can't afford to have bad food there. Wasn't exactly some corner market being run by a small little asian man who smelt like fish. I can see me being unlucky though.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Kenta21 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-05-2008, 04:43 PM

I made some chicken and vege fried rice the other day.

Mew... ( 水に流す mizu ni nagasu )
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Kisuke12 (Offline)
JF Regular

02-05-2008, 04:53 PM

Chicken Ramen

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Tomo-chan - Azumanga Daioh
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Sinner (Offline)