JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

Send a message via AIM to Nemhy Send a message via MSN to Nemhy
Sake anyone? :D - 03-25-2008, 05:44 PM

I'm currently intrested in trying out Sake! Yes...I'm underaged but I'm a responsible drinker and I only wanna try too see what its like. What kinds do any of you reccomend for a first timer? I prefer something not too strong with a sweetish flavor too it.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-25-2008, 08:20 PM

Not too strong with a sweetish flavour too it?

You wouldn't really like Sake then. It tastes very bland and bitter at the same time (doesn't make your lips pucker but it's not sweet either). It can taste rather strong, especially if you're more interested in sweet tastes.

One you get used to the taste it's not bad at all. Come to think of it the best way I can word it's taste (at least the brands I had... mind you crap Sake selection at our LCBO) is very mild, less minty buckleys. Quite tart. Definitely an acquired taste.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.

Last edited by Tyrien : 03-25-2008 at 08:22 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

03-26-2008, 12:19 AM

what I ment by not too strong I ment like. just straight up vodka....XD
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-26-2008, 12:20 AM

Yea... shoulda specified. Sake does have a very "strong" taste to it. Do you like wine at all?

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-26-2008, 02:36 AM

Sake is ment to be drunk with sweet things like Miso soup, Eeel Udon (not sweet but it has a very stronge ocean flavor) or those green tea sorta candy things they have during tea time. Sake is ment to balance out japanese cooking its really good with some spider sushi too. As for good brands that I'm not sure about all Ive been able to get is smerknof ice and cheap beer =/ oh the splended selections oh hawaii. Oh yea Sake is good with a smooth cig too like 555's (my brand) .

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
anthbes (Offline)
New to JF

03-26-2008, 02:41 AM

sake is ok, im just not a huge fan of warm booze. Its different thats for sure. Japanese beer is so good though!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

03-26-2008, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Yea... shoulda specified. Sake does have a very "strong" taste to it. Do you like wine at all?
I LOVE red and white wines, yes. .

Japanese beer? I went too this one sushi play and they had this one beer called Asashi or something of the sort. My mom let me have a few sips, it's taste was intresting (I loved it XD)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-26-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemhy View Post
I LOVE red and white wines, yes. .

Japanese beer? I went too this one sushi play and they had this one beer called Asashi or something of the sort. My mom let me have a few sips, it's taste was intresting (I loved it XD)
If you really like Wine then you'd probably like Sake too.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

Smile 03-26-2008, 03:43 AM

Alright! The next time I go out for sushi with mom (tomorrow night XD) I'll try some. Thankls for all the help! :3 *gives you box of pocky*
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-26-2008, 03:44 AM

My mom is kinda...wierd about alcohol. She is BIG on safety, big on school, and big on my all-around happiness, but despite all that she will let me drink anything I want, as long as it's within my house while she is home >.> soooo...I can try Sake whenever I want to