Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
04-24-2008, 07:28 PM

I love oi ocha made by itoen
(#22 (permalink))
Old
xChri5x (Offline)
New to JF

04-25-2008, 12:05 PM

I think I might try a green tea bath. Never heard of it until a few days ago.

クリス
(#23 (permalink))
Old
LidaRose (Offline)
New to JF

04-27-2008, 04:27 AM

I really like tea but I don't know that much about it. I would love to learn more. I went to a Japanese garden where they hold traditional tea ceremonies and it sounds interesting.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)
Fashion is what u make it

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
Smile 07-08-2008, 12:54 PM

I seem to like Lady Grey and Earl Grey Teas by Twinnings and when they have vanilla. I also like Jasmine Tea. Dont mind Green tea spesh when its iced.... I like PG Tips, Tetley and Typhoo except its abit strong

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

And the Pucca Clan Leader
(#25 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
07-08-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
anyone wanna buy a pound of tea for a few hundred usd? x]]
(yes... tea is expensive >.<""" )
And just what variety would that be? My orchid pearl was about $75/lb the last time I had to restock. Its probably close to $100 by now.
Yes, good tea is expensive, but a pound of tea by weight is quite a bit by volume and would last quite a while. Unless you are like me and sip it continuously.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Fire_Girl625 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Fire_Girl625 Send a message via Yahoo to Fire_Girl625
07-08-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificalflavor View Post
Hot tea is something that i truly love and i love to serve it, ya i know it sounds weird, but i like tea pots, they are usualyl very pretty.
I accualy own three tea pots, not family tea pots, MY tea pots
it's strange, i know.....
but hot tea is very yummy!!!
O.K. now i have a question, if in a fancy japanese restraunt, is it rude to put sugar or creme in your tea?
Lots of people that realy like tea don't put any sugar in it, however i realy like tea, but do put sugar in it.... is that bad?
I think most Japanese resturaunts expect that, but in Japan it may very well be an insult. Kinda like adding Wasabi to your sushi. It implies the food was improperly prepared, so you have to add things to it to eat it. Then again, this may change with time, since many people in Japan, I heard, are ignoring some of these rules to be more independent or eat what they like.

I also enjoy tea. Very much. My favorite kind of hot tea...I really like green and chai. As for cold teas, I like Thai iced and there's this pearl milk tea (No, it isn't bubble tea, since they aren't tapioca pearls) that's very yummy.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-09-2008, 12:32 AM

I don't like Green Tea much at all, since I know you're not supposed to add stuff to it. It's too bitter for my tastes, but if in a situation where I have no choice but to drink it, I just do so to be polite, like if when my Japanese teacher offers me some she's brewed. I've tried a Barley tea too...I hated the taste of that.

That aside, I prefer English teas that were pretty much made to be served with cream and sugar because I like cream and sugar or honey in my tea.

I love oolong tea, but this is one I don't mind hot or cold...more so cold, though, and I like it with lemon and sugar. I've also tried pearl milk tea, and loved that. I've always wanted to try Bubble tea.

I've always wanted to try Jasmine tea.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

07-09-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Putting milk in tea ruins the nutritional benifits, but I don't see a problem with a little bit of sugar or honey (or splenda!)
Splenda = x.x

I like a little bit of honey sometimes, but most of the time I like it plain.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

07-10-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I've always wanted to try Jasmine tea.
With your not liking green tea, it may not be to your liking. Its usually a green tea, but not quite as astringent as most of them. With your preference for black teas, I would recommend looking for a brand packaged by an American or English company, rather than a jasmine from anywhere in Asian. It may be roasted slightly and you might even be able to find a slight blend. Or if you get loose leaf you could mix half jasmine and half oolong. Nobody says you have to be a purest.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

07-10-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Putting milk in tea ruins the nutritional benifits, but I don't see a problem with a little bit of sugar or honey (or splenda!)
Milk changes, but does not necessarily "ruin" the nutritional benefits of tea. But I have a bigger objection when someone is focusing on nutrition and then recommends a synthetically manufactured sweetner. Even Splenda has nasty side effects for some people. if you are going ot sweeten something make what is either nutritious (honey) or at least something digestable (cane sugar). But for most people it would be simply better to wean that sweet tooth off its addiction altogether.