JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

Yoshida Sauces - 05-15-2008, 03:46 AM

I have heard so much about Yoshida's BBQ sauces (from the U.S.) on TV here in Japan. Are they really popular in North America? Mr. Yoshida, the founder, seems like a very interesting character to me as well. I've been looking for these sauces in Tokyo but have been unable to find them.

So have any of you tried the Yoshida sauces?

Here's a hillarious Youtube video about Mr. Yoshida.

(#2 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
05-15-2008, 03:50 AM

Erm, No I have no tasted these sauces yet. I must try it.

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-15-2008, 03:56 AM

Yeah, he has a mansion here in Portland, and owns some art galleries. I think his sauces are fine, but I am not sure if they sell well, and at a resonable price, which tells you they are probably brewed to an American palate.

It bothers me that his name is JUNKI but allows people to pronounce it "JANKI" (as in Drug "Junkie").

He is a character, that is for sure.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

05-15-2008, 03:58 AM

I have. From what I remember they were alright...& yes Mr. Yoshida is quite a character...i remember there was a commercial for his sauces that simply stated "Mr. Yoshida on your vegetables" & it cuts to a scene in a grocery store in which Mr. Yoshida himself is sitting on some vegetables. In a gym outfit no less. Very cheesy, but cute.

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-15-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Yeah, he has a mansion here in Portland, and owns some art galleries. I think his sauces are fine, but I am not sure if they sell well, and at a resonable price, which tells you they are probably brewed to an American palate.

Yeah, I've seen his magnificient mansion and his dojo, where he still teaches karate, on TV. And it's only natural that he tries to please the American palate as that's where he does his business.

But it's kind of nice to be able to see Mr. Yoshida doing the funny things on TV. I couldn't imagine the President of Kikkoman dressed as a cowboy showing us how to make BBQ with his teriyaki sauce on TV. I really tend to love products made by smaller companies.