LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tokyochan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Tokyochan
I don't like seaweed - 07-25-2008, 09:02 PM

Hey

I don't like seaweed/nori... or whatever you call it... I really don't like the taste and the smell of it... Are there more people that don't like it?... Is it weird that I don't like it?... Because a lot of people like sushi and everything so yeah... I'm kinda worried...

Dir en Grey
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

Location: Versailles, France (not Hellmouth, Sunnydale, lol!)
Send a message via MSN to KitsuneFr Send a message via Yahoo to KitsuneFr
07-25-2008, 09:09 PM

Don't worry!
I really like nori and most wakame, but most of people around me dislike them! So it isn't such a problem (I have the same with japanese sake - nihonshû, I like but no one around!)

There are great stuff into seaweeds, especially many calcium, but the taste is very special. I have to admit that I only eat japanese seaweeds, althought here in France we produce seaweeds too, but I don't want to taste them (I think they are too salted )

If you don't really like them, I give you to switch directly from sushi or maki to sashimi, so you could avoid them! But if someday your taste accomodate wakame or nori, I'm sure you'll really enjoy them!

Qu'est ce qui pourrait être plus beau que les fleurs de cerisier?
さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(Sakura no hana ga daisuki desu yo!)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Clutch (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Clutch
07-25-2008, 09:17 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about. I could eat this stuff all on its own, given the chance.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tokyochan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Tokyochan
07-25-2008, 09:17 PM

@ KitsuneFR: Thanks for the answer (^_^)

Yeah... I have some senbei cookies with nori on it... and I really hate the smell of it... It also taste very bad... because of the nori... I also ate sushi one time!... And I really didn't like the taste of it... It just got a weird smell and it taste special... I don't like it...

Dir en Grey
(#5 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

Location: Versailles, France (not Hellmouth, Sunnydale, lol!)
Send a message via MSN to KitsuneFr Send a message via Yahoo to KitsuneFr
07-25-2008, 09:29 PM

Yes, smell can be a thing which could put people away from sea food. I got the chance to have lived when young not so far from the sea so I ate so much crabs (kani), oysters, shells and so more than seaweeds didn't make me fear about. But there's no problem if you don't like sushi even if all your relatives are liking them, don't worry about! (concerning japanese food I've to admit even if I eat tofu I really don't like it, it's tasteless to me and as I 've a small stomach rice is borrowing me fastly, I'd prefer eating noodles like ramen or udon!)

Qu'est ce qui pourrait être plus beau que les fleurs de cerisier?
さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(Sakura no hana ga daisuki desu yo!)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ishikawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-27-2008, 04:28 AM

Japanese nori is dry, and not good tasting. It's good for things, such as Onigiri, Sushi, and Musubi. Korean nori on the other hand is very good and salty. I don't like Sushi, any type of sushi, I don't care if it is just tamago sushi, or whatever. I don't know. Kind of weird. No, I don't consider the fact that you don't like nori..weird. Everybody has different taste's. And also, not everybody eats it with sushi. Sometimes I just eat the nori by itself.

Last edited by ishikawa : 07-27-2008 at 04:54 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-27-2008, 04:32 AM

Uhm.

Sure it's great to indulge in another culture but don't you think you're taking this a little too.. far? Different kinds of food are different for a reason, so there's a variety. Foods are not meant to be loved by everyone. Let's take something very simple, and very common: Cheese. Lots of people love cheese, young, old, tall, small, large, and skinny. However there's some people who don't. Is that weird? No, they just don't like cheese. It's as simple as that.

Point of my little voice here is that you tried the food and didn't like it. So don't have it anymore. You made a lot more effort than most people ever will when it comes to new foods.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ishikawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-27-2008, 04:55 AM

xD
I don't like cheese.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

07-27-2008, 04:59 AM

I <3 nori AND cheese...although the combination of those two would be wierd tastin'
well i hate beans but not that many people care...so enjoy the rest of what Japanese food has to offer & you can leave all the seaweed to me =)

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-27-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihiino View Post
I <3 nori AND cheese...although the combination of those two would be wierd tastin'
well i hate beans but not that many people care...so enjoy the rest of what Japanese food has to offer & you can leave all the seaweed to me =)
<_<... you can mix cheese with like... anything.

Crackers, lunch meat, veggies, chocolate, seafood, bread, cookies, chips, popcorn, eggs, oh and... burgers. Could probably go on but... mmm, cheese.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.