JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)
I is the Ebil Fuzzy BunnY

Send a message via AIM to Kayame
01-24-2007, 02:23 AM

-Add to last post- And you need a license to make sushi for the public, and that is rare here in Texas, plus can't have fish right now. Dad can't be near it.

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#12 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
01-30-2007, 08:08 AM

Pretty sad abt the food allergies there.. my dad's allergic to tofu and my sis to seafood =(

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

01-30-2007, 11:10 PM

that must suck.

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Yuri (Offline)
back from outer space :D

Location: near the sun, with the moon..kissing the shooting stars..this is where i am
Send a message via AIM to Yuri Send a message via MSN to Yuri Send a message via Yahoo to Yuri
01-31-2007, 12:58 AM

i love tofu and suchi,...yummy!

the real truth is often the one we dont want to hear
i am the tears that fall, you are the blood on my skin, we are mingled forever again, here we stand, hand in hand, but ill let go when my time has come, time for u to fly alone
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

02-05-2007, 10:24 PM

I will try anything but tofu. -shivers-

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

02-06-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayame View Post
Uh, to make sushi you also need nori, or dried sea weed cut into flat strips. As for tofu, omg I can not have that. i tried it before, I couldn't eat for two days.
You don't need nori if you make nigiri sushi, or even better, edomae chirashi sushi or even inari sushi, but that is made with tofu. There is also Fukusa sushi, chakin sushi, oshi sushi, bo sushi, temari sushi, or kodomo sushi. None of those require nori. Sushi is very diverse.

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

02-15-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja View Post
You don't need nori if you make nigiri sushi, or even better, edomae chirashi sushi or even inari sushi, but that is made with tofu. There is also Fukusa sushi, chakin sushi, oshi sushi, bo sushi, temari sushi, or kodomo sushi. None of those require nori. Sushi is very diverse.
Ei, but even so. As I see, we have gotten somewhat off the topic. Is there any other Japanese food that is common and good?

(#18 (permalink))
Old
palmereap (Offline)
New to JF

02-15-2007, 11:57 PM

you can always have chicken ramen...i cook diffrent types of ramen all the time at home......do you already know what its made of
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

02-16-2007, 12:04 AM

I mean, stuff that you can't buy for ten cent a pack in America.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
palmereap (Offline)
New to JF

02-16-2007, 12:19 AM

ohh.....i make the chicken ramen from scratc.....

well what about cha han, tori kara age, or a little side dish ebi gyoza