JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   Bottled distilled water in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/20846-bottled-distilled-water-japan.html)

tsupermario 11-14-2008 03:09 PM

Bottled distilled water in Japan

Hello All,
Im looking foe distilled water but seems they dont sell here in Japan. I looked in supaa and drigstore but cant find one. My wife said Japanese dont drink or use distilled water. I was shock! How come a rich country dont even have a distilled water :eek:

Deutschland 11-14-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsupermario (Post 627607)
Hello All,
Im looking foe distilled water but seems they dont sell here in Japan. I looked in supaa and drigstore but cant find one. My wife said Japanese dont drink or use distilled water. I was shock! How come a rich country dont even have a distilled water :eek:

they must have it somewhere.. how could they drive theirs cars if they have none?

Nyororin 11-14-2008 04:08 PM

It is indeed sold - but isn`t popular as a beverage so won`t be as easy to find.
Do a search for 蒸留水, or maybe order from Amazon...

Ff7rockerman 11-15-2008 10:33 AM

yes i know they have em over there they have stores in japan that import some things from us for sure they should have that i meen why wouldn't they

Sangetsu 11-15-2008 02:15 PM

Who needs it? Tap water in Japan is safe to drink, and costs 1600 times less than bottled water.

And then there's the fact that most bottled water is merely tap water anyway. Why pay more? And I don't like the thought of chemicals in the plastic bottles leaching into the water.

Nyororin 11-15-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangetsu (Post 628089)
Who needs it? Tap water in Japan is safe to drink, and costs 1600 times less than bottled water.

And then there's the fact that most bottled water is merely tap water anyway. Why pay more? And I don't like the thought of chemicals in the plastic bottles leaching into the water.

In some cases, distilled water is used for things other than drinking. I don`t know what the original poster needs the water for - but there may be a valid reason other than just wanting "bottled water".

Deutschland 11-15-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangetsu (Post 628089)

u have cars listed in ur interessts and really asking why pay more? maybe u should try tap water instead destilled water in ur car...

SakanaMidori 11-15-2008 05:47 PM

Yeah, I think it's, like, some ion esque chem test, it doesn't really matter if the water is distilled or tap. If you have some personal reason to prefer it, there's always the internet.

Ooh! Or you can distill it yourself! Lol!
I'm sorry I can't help you on JUST how to do it.

Lol, good luck!

tokusatsufan 06-22-2011 07:54 PM

I had some water over there and I think it was sports water,it tasted different and I was fine to start with but then I felt ill after a while.

bELyVIS 06-23-2011 03:26 AM

With all the great tasting spring water there I'm sure it is for something other than drinking.