JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

Stir Fry. - 01-13-2009, 10:55 AM

Now, I'm not sure about you lot, but I love Stir Fry. Not just for the taste, but cooking with it is immensely enjoyable, and you're given the maximum room to be creative.

So, do you have any recipes for Stir Fry you've created? Or, what's your fav stir Fry?

Here's mine, I made this recipe myself in the kitchen, although I am not sure if someone has already tried this.
Note: I don't use measurements. I just put enough for my tastes.
----

Ginger Prawn Stir Fry:

Ingredients:

Prawns (If frozen, remember to thaw before cooking!)
Aubergines,
Baby Sweetcorns,
Bean Pods,
Noodles.

Sauce:

Powdered Ginger,
Crushed Black Peppercorn,
Sea Salt,
Red Chilli powder,
Oyster Sauce.

Method:

1) Cut vegetables (Of either above, or your own choice), and prepare in a small bowl next to the stove.

2) Put the Ginger, peppercorn and sea salt and chilli powder all into another small bowl, and lightly toss the prawns so they are all evenly covered.

3) Add a small amount of sunflower oil into the stove, and heat it up. Throw in the Vegetables, and keep stirring until the aubergines are slightly browned. Note: Remember to keep the vegetables moving all the time, you don't want to burn them.

4) Add in the Prawns and cook until the prawns have browned slightly aswell. Keep them moving, and add the noodles. When the stir fry has been cook, remove from the heat, and add the oyster sauce. Do not add too much, otherwise the flavour will overpower the ginger and spice. Add so you can just taste it.

Serve.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

01-13-2009, 08:21 PM

I cook stir fries ALL the time, I mean who the fuck wants to wait 25 minutes for an oven pie when a stir fry takes ten minutes max?

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Living with 3 Chinese people, this year, I've become an expert at Chinese food AND stir fry.

The quickest one I make goes like this;

Make some noodles while cooking the following.

A bit of Sunflower oil and fresh garlic in the Wok. Heat gently so oil gets the garlic flavour.

Put thinly sliced beef. Cook a little, when halfway cooked, add a couple drops of Sesame oil. Cook the beef.

Take beef out. Put a little more oil in Wok.

Put some vegetables in the wok with oil (Peppers, shallots, baby sweetcorns etc.)

Fry a little, add a pinch of salt, a bit off chilli pouder, black pepper.

Once slightly cooked, put the beef back in.

Add black vineger, Japanese Soy sauce. Turn heat up to max so vinegar evaporates.

Add the noodles... Stir whilst cooking on medium heat... Add Dark mushroom flavoured Soy Sauce. Turn heat to Max and stir for about 30 seconds..

LOOONG description, but takes about 5 - 10 mins to cook all this. Veg is usually frozen
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

01-13-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Living with 3 Chinese people, this year, I've become an expert at Chinese food AND stir fry.

The quickest one I make goes like this;

Make some noodles while cooking the following.

A bit of Sunflower oil and fresh garlic in the Wok. Heat gently so oil gets the garlic flavour.

Put thinly sliced beef. Cook a little, when halfway cooked, add a couple drops of Sesame oil. Cook the beef.

Take beef out. Put a little more oil in Wok.

Put some vegetables in the wok with oil (Peppers, shallots, baby sweetcorns etc.)

Fry a little, add a pinch of salt, a bit off chilli pouder, black pepper.

Once slightly cooked, put the beef back in.

Add black vineger, Japanese Soy sauce. Turn heat up to max so vinegar evaporates.

Add the noodles... Stir whilst cooking on medium heat... Add Dark mushroom flavoured Soy Sauce. Turn heat to Max and stir for about 30 seconds..

LOOONG description, but takes about 5 - 10 mins to cook all this. Veg is usually frozen

I'm trying that tomorrow. Sounds delicious.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

01-13-2009, 09:03 PM

I want some >.<"

My stomach is screamin'.

Ill make some later.

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-13-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

I'm trying that tomorrow. Sounds delicious.
I'm gonna try yours as well, hehe... Let me know what you think of mine, and I'll let you know about yours too

EDIT: These are the sauces I use

Left to right;

Japanese Soy Sauce, Black vinegar (but any vinegar will do), mushroom fla soy sauce, sesame oil. The last one, I don't use in this particular stir fry, but it's a stir fry sauce. Adds a LOT of flavour and doesn't require any soy sauce if you use it. However, I don't recommend it with red meats
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0333.JPG (68.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by noodle : 01-13-2009 at 09:15 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
ioturep (Offline)
New to JF

01-29-2009, 10:34 AM

It must be delicious!

I come here every once in a while to spam.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-29-2009, 11:02 AM

These and chinese food are basically the only thing I've ever learnt how to cook. I'm going to try out your recipes and see for myself! My Dad tried to make one but it was faillll until I helped him out.