JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Banzai (Offline)
日本バンザイ~!

Send a message via MSN to Banzai
Eating Habits in Japan - 02-02-2009, 03:31 PM

So yeah. The first time going to a restaurant with my friends in Japan was quit interesting. It was a Sushi Bar and we had to wait a good 30 minutes to get seated at a table. We grabbed the sushi that revolved around the tables and started eating. "Itadakemasu" we all say and we started to go through plate after plate of sushi. To my amazement they eat really really fast. I compared their plates to mine after about 5 minutes and they seemed to be up ahead 4-6 plates from me. I thought I ate fast when I was in Canada but this was ridiculous.

When we went to an udon restaurant they asked me if they didn't mind if they slurped. I looked around and noticed a lot of slurpers. I didn't mind I said. I only noticed this in the guys though. The girls ate more at a normal speed. I guess this is just another good reason to say that guys can be pigs sometimes. -__-

>>>SOSDefinition<<<

私は日本語より多く学ぶことが開始されます。
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-02-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
When we went to an udon restaurant they asked me if they didn't mind if they slurped. I looked around and noticed a lot of slurpers. I didn't mind I said. I only noticed this in the guys though. The girls ate more at a normal speed. I guess this is just another good reason to say that guys can be pigs sometimes. -__-
In Japan, it's normal to slurp in restaurants. Slurping means that you're enjoying the meal, and the loudly you slurp the more you enjoy it.
And don't think that only men slurp, women slurp too.