JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KaiKai (Offline)
New to JF

American foods in Japan(not snacks) - 03-09-2009, 11:43 PM

What kinds of American foods(like macorroni, pizza, hot dogs, ect...) are in Japan? I'm not talking about snacks because there's another thread about that but actual food that you could like eat for dinner or something.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-10-2009, 12:22 AM

With a little bit of effort - everything.

Japan isn`t too big on "processed" things like the US - you can buy delivery pizza, and hot dogs... But macaroni and cheese would require me to buy macaroni and cheese, then combine them.
Basically, just don`t expect to find a ton of meals in a box or microwave dinners.

I quite honestly can`t think of any ingredient that I could not get access to if I were to want to make something so it`s really hard to answer your question.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-10-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
With a little bit of effort - everything.

Japan isn`t too big on "processed" things like the US - you can buy delivery pizza, and hot dogs... But macaroni and cheese would require me to buy macaroni and cheese, then combine them.
Basically, just don`t expect to find a ton of meals in a box or microwave dinners.

I quite honestly can`t think of any ingredient that I could not get access to if I were to want to make something so it`s really hard to answer your question.

Yeah, when I was in Japan I could tell that processed things were nearly non-existant. I made my host family grilled-ham-and-cheese sandwiches with an organic tomato soup. It was nearly impossible to find processed American-style cheese...

I cut the sandwiches into chopstick-size pieces and gave everyone a dipping dish full of soup... It was hilarious! (And delicious)

When it comes to cooking your own food- the possibilities are endless considering you just have to buy the ingredients... Are you talking about restaurants?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
nenn (Offline)
New to JF

03-16-2009, 06:30 AM

ampm 711 have everything you'd want, but thats in a "fast food" type of setting.