JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   Salmon uses? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/25494-salmon-uses.html)

Nokutetsu 05-28-2009 11:26 PM

Salmon uses?

Hello all~

Where I live, salmon is very plentiful, and very cheap. It's one of the main industries on this small island, and simply (and luckily)- I love it. Raw, cooked, hot smoked, cold smoked, anything you could do with it would be a great help. We actually sell a lot of fish to Japan ironicly.

So anyone know any Japanese recipes (APART from sashimi and sushi please) that involves this fish?

MMM 05-28-2009 11:32 PM

Salmon is very popular in Japan, and not just as sushi and sashimi

Try Sake Ginger Glazed Salmon, Salmon Teriyaki, and Broiled Miso Salmon

These might be more Japanese-inspired than Japanese, but they have some Japanese flavor.

Nagoyankee 05-29-2009 01:07 AM

How about Chan-chan-yaki, a Hokkaido special?

xYinniex 05-29-2009 02:20 AM

search google?
haha

Baked aromatic salmon, using a japanese marinade [sake, mirin, soy sauce, yuzu, ginger]

Bento.com recipes - Aromatic Baked Salmon

Smoked salmon + edamame
Bento.com recipes - Smoked Salmon with Edamame, Cherry, and Shiso

OOh, I'm considering doing the first one. =)

Atakicat 05-29-2009 04:32 AM

I made this Salmon Saka-Mushi Recipe a few weeks ago. Very easy, and VERY tasty!
My Lunch Can Beat Up Your Lunch! Recipe: Salmon Saka-Mushi

Nyororin 05-29-2009 11:18 AM

I`m quite partial to wrapping it in foil with a dollop of mayonnaise and cooking it in the toaster myself.
ホイル焼き seems to be pretty popular around me.

Nagoyankee 06-03-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 724406)
I`m quite partial to wrapping it in foil with a dollop of mayonnaise and cooking it in the toaster myself.
ホイル焼き seems to be pretty popular around me.

The mayo part is new to me but it seems to make sense! I'd probably squeeze some lemon juice before eating. No frypan to wash, either!

今夜はサケのホイル焼きで決まりだ!:vsign:

Nyororin 06-04-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagoyankee (Post 727795)
The mayo part is new to me but it seems to make sense! I'd probably squeeze some lemon juice before eating. No frypan to wash, either!

今夜はサケのホイル焼きで決まりだ!:vsign:

おいしいですよ~ キノコも混ぜちゃうとさらにいい感 じです。
うちのヒット作はサケとエリンギにマヨとコショウ少々
ネギも少し入れてもOK♪
マヨの油でホイルにあまりくっつかないので食べやすい です。でもマヨを使わない場合は必ずホイルにバターか サラダ油を塗ってくださいね。

Our toaster has a setting just for foil cooking, so it makes things easy when I don`t have time to make something more complex. Just toss some stuff into a foil pocket and toast. The in-laws have an odd tendency to give us half a salmon 2 or 3 times a year, so it`s also a quick way to clear out the freezer.

Seanus 08-15-2009 02:53 PM

Salmon fillets with a mint or other sauce are legendary. Don't underestimate the versatility of fillets.