LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-08-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDuke View Post
Excuse me? Come again? You said 'all you can drink place'?

Where is this heaven?
Club Pure in Osaka (they have other branches but I never went to others) has all you can drink. The best beer they have is Heiniken though.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Japanese isn't a country with many microbreweries like American and OZ. Even here in Poland, some of the smaller brewers give the more famous ones a run for their money. A beer and a bento, nice!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-08-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDuke View Post
Excuse me? Come again? You said 'all you can drink place'?

Where is this heaven?
Yeah like others have said they are pretty much at every eating/drinking place. Or at least they arent hard to find. And I loved the fact that they werent like bars are in the US. like nyororin said they are more like restraunts. Its great, nothing beats drinking and eating sticks of grilled mean.

The deals depend on the bar. One place we went was 30 bucks and it was a set food menu they brought out like 3 courses. And the drinks were all you can drink for 2 hours. The other one I remember was a place where you had to buy a meal, and if you paid and extra 10 dollars you got all you can drink.

Edit: Also the karaoke place we went to had all you can drink. 16 bucks for all you can drink all the time you wanted for singing... it was awesome. No beer though. And obviously I bought all this in yen I just but it in US dollars becuase I get a better idea of what it cost.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.

Last edited by Barone1551 : 08-08-2009 at 06:17 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-08-2009, 08:30 PM

Japanese beers are awesome all the way around...
Kirin is an excellant dinner beer.
But if were talking standard Japanese beers Ebisu (yebisu) is my favorite.

Can't stand this happoshu boom. Tastes like bud-lite to me and not even that.

There are so many types to choose from in the Supermarket/convience store.

But if I really want to enjoy beer... North American Micro Breweries own me.
Especially North West Micro Breweries. Good god the ones in Portland and Seattle will drive me to be an alcoholic.

When Japanese come to such pubs/breweries for the first time you'd think they of died and gone to heaven.

For those who have never gone to the "Beer Museum Yebisu" and like beer, its a nice stop through Ebisu Gargens.

Liver don't fail me now.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
ThaDuke (Offline)
Lord Hades

08-08-2009, 08:58 PM

American micro breweries do make some great beers. One of my favorite is Terrapin, out of Athens, GA. We even have one here, close to home, called Ole Town. The business caught fire some years ago, but that didn't stop them from making beer. They re-opened maybe a year later.

Here in Alabama we had a ABV limit of 6%, which was terrible. Thankfully, the state just passed the Free the Hops bill which increased our limit to 14.9%. I've had some really good Sam Adams brews since.

The Death and Resurrection

of a Dark Ruler
(#26 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
08-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Club Pure in Osaka (they have other branches but I never went to others) has all you can drink. The best beer they have is Heiniken though.
Not to mention that's like the nastiest place on earth. Apart from Sam&Dave's, which is also downright nasty. Ugh. >_>

As far as boozing in Japan... I hate to admit it but I usually go with chuhais and the cocktail beverages. They're cheapish, tasty, and do the job. For Japanese beer, Asahi Dry is pretty good (I love the CM.. "Super DRYYYYYY"), but I'm picky about my beer.

I'm a Guinness man through and through, and I've only found one place with Guinness on tap in Kansai so far, and that's in nara for ¥800 a pint, so it's not even worth it.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#27 (permalink))
Old
ThaDuke (Offline)
Lord Hades

08-08-2009, 09:13 PM

It always takes people aback when I can read the Asahi label. I guess they don't expect it..or they just don't believe me.

"Supa Dorai! Asahi Biru!"

The Death and Resurrection

of a Dark Ruler
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I find beer flat out disgusting (sorry to those who love it) as does my husband so we rarely do that sort of course and just order something stronger from the start if we order alcohol at all.
Hah, I can't nomihoudai beer either. Too much liquid and too much fizz. I just stuck to umeshuu at those times. >.> admittedly that leads to a lot of umeshuu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
Not to mention that's like the nastiest place on earth. Apart from Sam&Dave's, which is also downright nasty. Ugh. >_>

I'm a Guinness man through and through, and I've only found one place with Guinness on tap in Kansai so far, and that's in nara for ¥800 a pint, so it's not even worth it.
Club Pure is a bona fide skanky gaijin dive. Basically where all the american guys of the "we can DRINK LEGALLY-whoa-my-god-let's-get-trashed" mentality go and pick up drunk japanese girls, and the foreign girls get letched at by dirty drunk guys.

GTJ, for the love of the stout, do not try japanese Guinness. It's really watery, doesn't have that nice creamy texture and doesn't even taste like Guinness. The preservatives are pretty noticeable in the taste as well. Very tragic.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Chim (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Chim
08-08-2009, 10:54 PM

i´m sorry..
but i dont like the japanese beer
the german beer is much better
*laugH*
my favourite is called : berliner weise ^^
(#30 (permalink))
Old
plizman (Offline)
New to JF

08-09-2009, 01:09 AM

I'd have to say that Kirin Ichiban is my favorite to have with a meal. Normally, I don't like Sapporo at all, but while up in Hokkaido I picked up a seasonal brew that was excellent. I've also found that there is more of a beer selection in Hokkaido than any other place in Japan. Even Asahi had a few beers that were only offered up there. All of the markets up there had a local beer section in their cooler and it was worth it to give them a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beer Cooler.jpg (145.9 KB, 16 views)