JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Red face Nyotaimori or 'Body' Sushi - 09-14-2010, 08:01 AM

First off, DON'T worry, there's NO excessively/superfluously GRAPHIC presentation here.

"Nyotaimori, “female body presentation”, is a service allowing restaurant customers to eat from the skin of a naked woman. Apart from her crotch, which is usually covered with some kind of garnish, the model’s modesty depends on the (temporary) position of the food on her body."

"it is claimed that nyotaimori warms the food to body temperature. Apparantly, this allows the diner to focus on the texture and taste, rather than its temperature. However, many people fail to see the advantage of sushi being lukewarm and slightly sweaty."
http://www.japanfortheuninvited.com/...ody-sushi.html

YouTube - Naked Sushi Premier-Nyotaimori http://www.NakedSushiEntertainment.com

~CoolNard

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2010, 11:36 AM

I heard that it's very unhygiene to eat it like that. You never know how clean her skin is, and what her body condition is. She may catching cold, got some infetious disease, etc. I think it's a bit dangerous.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

09-24-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayin View Post
I heard that it's very unhygiene to eat it like that. You never know how clean her skin is, and what her body condition is. She may catching cold, got some infetious disease, etc. I think it's a bit dangerous.
That's a very good point, Qayin, considering people blatantly know they could be consuming sweat, as well. Perhaps thereis some kind of test or health scan the women have to go through, before performing nyotaimori? I hope they do. O.o

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
WellThatHurt (Offline)
JF Regular

09-24-2010, 11:54 AM

Ive heard about this. I dont know if i would eat any of it, but it would be cool to witness it. How often do you see a naked woman covered in sushi? I dont know. I probably would try it IF they have proof that the women are clean.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

09-24-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThatHurt View Post
Ive heard about this. I dont know if i would eat any of it, but it would be cool to witness it. How often do you see a naked woman covered in sushi? I dont know. I probably would try it IF they have proof that the women are clean.
Yeah, I'd probably do the same; most guys foreign to this process and in their right frames of mind would, I suppose.

Apart from the hygiene issue, there's also the "dehumanizing" part, but I've read that it's somewhat revered in Japan for feminine and food appreciation.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2010, 12:38 PM

It looks like it's served on leaves on top of her body, not directly touching her body. I've eaten sushi off of leaves like that all the time. In fact, they wrap a local type of sushi in those kinds of leaves all the time.

I dunno what the body heat would do to the food though...

I like how the news reporters act like it is such a daring thing to do. Personally I'd think it'd be a billion times harder to eat sushi off of a big fat naked hairy man than a good looking woman. Not that I'm into the idea of either one of those options.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
09-24-2010, 12:46 PM

There is a TV programme in Britain called 'Come Dine With Me', where a group of people go to dinner parties at each other's houses and score each other on the whole party. There was one where a guy did this. He got a male friend of his to lay on the table and the sushi was placed on him. It didn't look to appetizing, but I'm sure on a woman, the way it's done in Japan, it is quite delicious. I'd say make sure you take Vitamin C or something for your immune system first though, just in case. lol

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

09-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
It looks like it's served on leaves on top of her body, not directly touching her body. I've eaten sushi off of leaves like that all the time. In fact, they wrap a local type of sushi in those kinds of leaves all the time.

I dunno what the body heat would do to the food though...

I like how the news reporters act like it is such a daring thing to do. Personally I'd think it'd be a billion times harder to eat sushi off of a big fat naked hairy man than a good looking woman. Not that I'm into the idea of either one of those options.
It looked that way to me too.

Though judging by the website I found and posted in my OP, it sort of suggests that the discretion of restaurants may differ. I mean, there's the "sweat", the "modesty" and "eat from the skin", etc. News reporters probably are appalled by that, and the physical forthrightness of the women. I don't know, so maybe you could enlighten us on that.

My friend told me there are instances of male nyotaimori. But thanks for projecting that very explicit information into my head, all the same.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

09-24-2010, 01:00 PM

I saw this on television a few years ago they had huge leaves between the skin and sushi.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

09-24-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
There is a TV programme in Britain called 'Come Dine With Me', where a group of people go to dinner parties at each other's houses and score each other on the whole party. There was one where a guy did this. He got a male friend of his to lay on the table and the sushi was placed on him. It didn't look to appetizing, but I'm sure on a woman, the way it's done in Japan, it is quite delicious. I'd say make sure you take Vitamin C or something for your immune system first though, just in case. lol
Oh yeah, I've seen some episodes of that by chance. Some of them are quite stupid, to put bluntly. That was probably the result of culture clash and the incompatible male/sushi thing. Eew.

Vitamin C and health/hygiene certificates for said restaurants, if you will.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
I saw this on television a few years ago they had huge leaves between the skin and sushi.
Yup, I saw it on the same day I posted this up. I had to, since it has the wow-factor. But like what I said in my reply to steven, these might differ. Besides the word choice in the link, it's probably under censorship, so nothing obscene leaks.

Last edited by CoolNard : 09-24-2010 at 01:06 PM.