JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   Questions about sushi restaurant (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/28843-questions-about-sushi-restaurant.html)

sushirestaurant 11-19-2009 06:10 PM

Questions about sushi restaurant

Hello all. My name is Andrea from Italy...Im trying to open a sushi restaurant here in sunny south of Italy....can anyone help me with some infos about what you need...quantities of fish etc?...thanks so much!

MMM 11-19-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushirestaurant (Post 783778)
Hello all. My name is Andrea from Italy...Im trying to open a sushi restaurant here in sunny south of Italy....can anyone help me with some infos about what you need...quantities of fish etc?...thanks so much!

I renamed your thread and moved it to the proper section. Good luck.

sushirestaurant 11-19-2009 06:28 PM

thank you....

bELyVIS 11-20-2009 04:01 AM

You should go to Japan and study if you are serious about it. I plan on opening a Ramen restaurant in the future and will work for free in a Ramenya for a week to learn the basics.

yuujirou 11-20-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bELyVIS (Post 783893)
You should go to Japan and study if you are serious about it. I plan on opening a Ramen restaurant in the future and will work for free in a Ramenya for a week to learn the basics.

you mean doing a stage at a ramenya? =P

CrystalDoll 11-20-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushirestaurant (Post 783778)

Hehe~just curious. How is Japanese food popular in Italy?

sushirestaurant 11-20-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrystalDoll (Post 783952)
Hehe~just curious. How is Japanese food popular in Italy?

Hello! Very popular! In Milan even Nobu has opened few years ago in partnership with Giorgio Armani. Less popular in the South, but growing.

Andrea

TalnSG 11-20-2009 02:53 PM

I would think that Nobu draws as much patronage because of its owners and celebrity as it does for sushi itself.

I am assuming that you are already experienced at running another type of restaurant and this is just a shift of cuisine, otherwise there are far more critical issues than just your fish supply.

sushirestaurant 11-20-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalnSG (Post 783978)
I would think that Nobu draws as much patronage because of its owners and celebrity as it does for sushi itself.

I am assuming that you are already experienced at running another type of restaurant and this is just a shift of cuisine, otherwise there are far more critical issues than just your fish supply.

Hello,
wrong assumption...first time Id be running a restaurant. Run other kind of companies. But please enlight me on all the critical issues you believe I should be aware of. Thanks! Andrea

CrystalDoll 11-20-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushirestaurant (Post 783972)
Hello! Very popular! In Milan even Nobu has opened few years ago in partnership with Giorgio Armani. Less popular in the South, but growing.

Andrea

Wow~sounds very great. I would have thought Japanese food is hot in China and less popular in Europe. You proved that I was wrong. I am a big fan of Japanese food as well as my friends. We love that. I heard some people said that they dislike Japanese food just because the rare or cold stuff makes them sick. I am lucky, I don't have such worries. :D