JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

Japanese Dishes - 03-16-2007, 07:44 PM

i found this inf. from japguide.so anyone please tell if you have eaten those dishes^^ and give your opinion.arigatou minna.
Rice Dishes:

Rice Bowl
A bowl of rice is often served as a side dish for lunch and dinner. It is also part of the traditional Japanese breakfast, eaten plain, mixed with a raw egg and soya sauce (tamago-kake-gohan) or with natto or other toppings.

Sushi
Sushi can be defined as a dish which contains sushi rice, cooked rice that is prepared with sushi vinegar. There are various kinds of sushi dishes.

Domburi
A bowl of cooked rice with some other food put on top of the rice. Some of the most popular toppings are tempura (tendon), egg and chicken (oyakodon), tonkatsu (katsudon) and beef (gyudon).

Onigiri
Onigiri are rice balls made of cooked rice and usually wrapped with a nori seaweed. They are slightly salted and often contain some additional food in the center, for example an umeboshi (pickled Japanese apricot), katsuobushi (dried bonito shavings), tuna or salmon. Rice balls are a popular and inexpensive snack available at convenience stores.

Kare Raisu
Kare Raisu (Curry Rice) is cooked rice with a curry sauce. It can be served with additional toppings such as tonkatsu. Curry is not a native Japanese spice, but has been used in Japan for over a century. Kare Raisu is a very popular dish, and many inexpensive Kare Raisu restaurants can be found especially in and around train stations.

Fried Rice
Fried rice or chahan has been originally introduced from China. A variety of additional ingredients such as peas, egg, negi (Japanese leek) and small pieces of carrot and pork are mixed to the rice when stir fried. It is a suitable dish for using left over rice.

Kayu
Kayu is rice gruel, watery, soft cooked rice that resembles oatmeal. It is a suitable dish for using left over rice and is often served to sick people because it can be digested easily.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ibe (Offline)
gigu

03-16-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitski View Post
i found this inf. from japguide.so anyone please tell if you have eaten those dishes^^ and give your opinion.arigatou minna.
Rice Dishes:

Rice Bowl
A bowl of rice is often served as a side dish for lunch and dinner. It is also part of the traditional Japanese breakfast, eaten plain, mixed with a raw egg and soya sauce (tamago-kake-gohan) or with natto or other toppings.

Sushi
Sushi can be defined as a dish which contains sushi rice, cooked rice that is prepared with sushi vinegar. There are various kinds of sushi dishes.

Domburi
A bowl of cooked rice with some other food put on top of the rice. Some of the most popular toppings are tempura (tendon), egg and chicken (oyakodon), tonkatsu (katsudon) and beef (gyudon).

Onigiri
Onigiri are rice balls made of cooked rice and usually wrapped with a nori seaweed. They are slightly salted and often contain some additional food in the center, for example an umeboshi (pickled Japanese apricot), katsuobushi (dried bonito shavings), tuna or salmon. Rice balls are a popular and inexpensive snack available at convenience stores.

Kare Raisu
Kare Raisu (Curry Rice) is cooked rice with a curry sauce. It can be served with additional toppings such as tonkatsu. Curry is not a native Japanese spice, but has been used in Japan for over a century. Kare Raisu is a very popular dish, and many inexpensive Kare Raisu restaurants can be found especially in and around train stations.

Fried Rice
Fried rice or chahan has been originally introduced from China. A variety of additional ingredients such as peas, egg, negi (Japanese leek) and small pieces of carrot and pork are mixed to the rice when stir fried. It is a suitable dish for using left over rice.

Kayu
Kayu is rice gruel, watery, soft cooked rice that resembles oatmeal. It is a suitable dish for using left over rice and is often served to sick people because it can be digested easily.
Awesome writeup, I always ordered kastudon and oyakodon but never knew the source name was domburi

Gudo jobu!

Currently watching

Naruto Shippudden
Kouga Ninpo Cho
Bleach
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-16-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe View Post
Awesome writeup, I always ordered kastudon and oyakodon but never knew the source name was domburi

Gudo jobu!
Ohhh I love Katsudon (though its a bit Tough) But I still like it **drools**

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ibe (Offline)
gigu

03-16-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
Ohhh I love Katsudon (though its a bit Tough) But I still like it **drools**
Cool I haven't had it in awhile though, been avoiding a girl at the restaurant

Currently watching

Naruto Shippudden
Kouga Ninpo Cho
Bleach
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Mukuge (Offline)
JF Regular

03-16-2007, 10:18 PM

Yum, I want to try some..

Take a deep breath and fly forth, all your problems solve itself afterwards~BoA - SO REAL
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

Seafood Dishes - 03-17-2007, 04:52 PM

Sashimi
Sashimi is raw seafood. A large number of fish can be enjoyed raw if they are fresh and prepared correctly. Most types of sashimi are enjoyed with soya sauce and wasabi.

Yakizakana
Yakizakana means grilled fish. Many varieties of fish are enjoyed in this way.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-17-2007, 04:53 PM

yes.. I have eaten all of it

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

03-17-2007, 05:01 PM

hee hee hee... Me too

Have you ever had whole fish on a stick (with out Intrals of coures) cooked on a fire.

Im trying to find a photo I took, Ill post it latter

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#9 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
hee hee hee... Me too

Have you ever had whole fish on a stick (with out Intrals of coures) cooked on a fire.

Im trying to find a photo I took, Ill post it latter
yes .. but not in japan.. we have in the philippines . we call it sinugba or grilled fish. some don't put it on the stick though

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#10 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

03-17-2007, 05:08 PM

wow you two have eaten all of them..
i'm so jealous^^
ohh and you all can post japanese food pics here