JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   Do you like... (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/33581-do-you-like.html)

WingsToDiscovery 08-27-2010 01:39 PM

Do you like...

Lotteria? I ate at one in Harajuku today and I thought it was really bad. I'm hoping MOS Burger will be better.

RobinMask 08-27-2010 03:08 PM

Have to ask, but what is Lotteria?

Sashimister 08-27-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinMask (Post 826146)
Have to ask, but what is Lotteria?

It's a burger chain.

バーガーメニュー|サービスメニュー|ロッテリア

Columbine 08-27-2010 03:18 PM

Mos burger all the way. I hate burgers but I liked Mos burger.

WingsToDiscovery 08-27-2010 03:30 PM

We had a general consensus that it tasted like school cafeteria food. Even the Coke tasted off.

I think there's a MOS Burger outside of Gotanda station so I'm going to try and pop in there tomorrow and try it out.

nobora 08-28-2010 03:09 AM

Lotteria burgers look good. This is my first time hearing about them. Are they popular?

samurai007 08-28-2010 06:54 AM

I didn't like any of the Japanese burger chains like this... IMO, you should try to stick to mom-n-pop restaurants and get real food like kara'age, tonkatsu, gyudon, soba, ramen, yakitori, etc. I very, very seldom had a burger in Japan (maybe once every 2-3 months?) and when I did I went to American places (like Wendys).

Sashimister 08-28-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai007 (Post 826238)
I very, very seldom had a burger in Japan (maybe once every 2-3 months?) and when I did I went to American places (like Wendys).

Off topic, but that may be why Wendy's has gone out of business in Japan. ;)

Columbine 08-28-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

I didn't like any of the Japanese burger chains like this... IMO, you should try to stick to mom-n-pop restaurants and get real food like kara'age, tonkatsu, gyudon, soba, ramen, yakitori, etc. I very, very seldom had a burger in Japan (maybe once every 2-3 months?) and when I did I went to American places (like Wendys).

Yeah, this is pretty much what I did too. I don't really like junk food, but if I do indulge, I really preferred to go to the little individual Japanese shops rather than the chains. Still, I found Japanese burger chains were still better than Macdonalds or the other gunk we have in the UK.

Except the Gourmet Burger Kitchen, that's pretty good! Not cheap though...

WingsToDiscovery 08-28-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

I agree, but living here for the next couple of years or so, I'll have plenty of time to indulge in Japanese cuisine. Nothing wrong with a burger here or there.