JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   About my favorite Japanese food (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/34477-about-my-favorite-japanese-food.html)

nagi 10-26-2010 11:30 AM

About my favorite Japanese food

I think that Japan has many delicious foods, I like natto , but maybe foreigners don't because it is sticky and has a peculiar smell. The reason I like natto is that it well with rice and bread. When I eat natto I put in negi which is Japanese welsh onion.

godwine 10-26-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagi (Post 834768)
I think that Japan has many delicious foods, I like natto , but maybe foreigners don't because it is sticky and has a peculiar smell. The reason I like natto is that it well with rice and bread. When I eat natto I put in negi which is Japanese welsh onion.

Actually, not just foreigners, i know a lot of local japanese who doesn't like natto... my uncle and cousin being one of them....

yuujirou 10-26-2010 12:06 PM

yea... i'm a gaijin and... i love natto
also know a few gaijin who share the same love and respect for natto, lol

Qayin 10-26-2010 01:00 PM

I love it too.

I heard that people in Eastern Japan love it, but the western people don't.

KayInKobe 11-03-2010 06:00 PM

Natto tastes different when you put a row egg and when you don't. I mix a row egg and soy sauce and I love it, but I can't have it without row eggs.

TalnSG 11-05-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuujirou (Post 834774)
yea... i'm a gaijin and... i love natto
also know a few gaijin who share the same love and respect for natto, lol

Yes, you do, don't you? :)

My favorite way to have it is natto, a little rice, plenty of umeboshi paste and a little more natto wrapped up in a sheet of nori. (= heaven!)

Otherwise, just warm it a bit with some mustard and hand it over.

dark3165 11-05-2010 11:55 PM

I'm okay with natto, though it seems I couldn't find the right food to match it with. What kind of food suits natto the best?

konbini 11-06-2010 01:20 AM

We used to have it for breakfast at homestay. I like it with karashii :)

GoNative 11-06-2010 09:44 AM

Can't stand the stuff myself. I don't care how good it is supposed to be for you I'm not eating stuff that has the consistency of snot and smells like my toe jam! Even if you could guarantee it'll add 15 years to my life I still wouldn't eat it. ;)

yuujirou 11-08-2010 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoNative (Post 836212)
Can't stand the stuff myself. I don't care how good it is supposed to be for you I'm not eating stuff that has the consistency of snot and smells like my toe jam! Even if you could guarantee it'll add 15 years to my life I still wouldn't eat it. ;)

:eek:
what're your toes doing smelling like natto? >.>''
even more... why do your toes have jam? ._.'''