JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
persephonequinn (Offline)
New to JF

03-06-2011, 01:50 PM

I love Japanese foods, especially Unagi Kabayaki and sake sashimi.
I love tamago yaki, but strangely I only managed to succeed making it for the first time and failed horribly my second trial and onwards any tips on cooking this?

Oh besides the food, i love Sakura Wagashi, I been missing the yummy scent of sakura leaf on top of the wagashi, best wagashi ever.

Learning Japanese need disciplines..
http://nihongobenkyoushimasu.blogspot.com/ is where I put all my Minna no Nihongo Renshuu B answer there. Won't be 100% correct nor 100% wrong.

I learning Languages n Nihongo is one of them
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Tomba (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Tomba
03-06-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by persephonequinn View Post
I love Japanese foods, especially Unagi Kabayaki and sake sashimi.
I love tamago yaki, but strangely I only managed to succeed making it for the first time and failed horribly my second trial and onwards any tips on cooking this?

Oh besides the food, i love Sakura Wagashi, I been missing the yummy scent of sakura leaf on top of the wagashi, best wagashi ever.
im gonna be honest but i dont really like was fish but this place i go does me some salmon teriyaki sushi plus una don is really good also,i like chicken,pork,katsu ahhh just think about it is makeing me hungry lol ^_^
(#13 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-06-2011, 03:00 PM

出汁情報音沙汰無しダシ

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#14 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

03-06-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba View Post
im gonna be honest but i dont really like was fish but this place i go does me some salmon teriyaki sushi plus una don is really good also,i like chicken,pork,katsu ahhh just think about it is makeing me hungry lol ^_^
i used to "dare not try" Japanese food "dare not try" wasabi, but once I had them, I seriously wanting them more and more.

My first sushi is Unagi Kabayaki sushi so I'm in love with the sauce, wow, YUM seriously very nice!

then slowly I started eating different kind of Japanese foods, and loving each of everything except things that i dont eat :P

My first sashimi experience was at Shanghai, it was so yummy, that I actually had alot of sashimi meals there. I bet Japan would have nicer sashimi ever.

I love katsu curry don (chicken n pork) yummy!!! I'm hungry too thinking of all the foods i wanted to eat now, not to forget the ramen and soba!

http://nihongobenkyoushimasu.blogspot.com/ is where I put all my Minna no Nihongo Renshuu B answer there. Won't be 100% correct nor 100% wrong.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tomba (Offline)
JF Regular

03-06-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
i used to "dare not try" Japanese food "dare not try" wasabi, but once I had them, I seriously wanting them more and more.

My first sushi is Unagi Kabayaki sushi so I'm in love with the sauce, wow, YUM seriously very nice!

then slowly I started eating different kind of Japanese foods, and loving each of everything except things that i dont eat :P

My first sashimi experience was at Shanghai, it was so yummy, that I actually had alot of sashimi meals there. I bet Japan would have nicer sashimi ever.

I love katsu curry don (chicken n pork) yummy!!! I'm hungry too thinking of all the foods i wanted to eat now, not to forget the ramen and soba!
ive had raman thats awesome i like chicken and duck but i will have to try some more sushi and sashimi ^_^

(#16 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

03-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
ive had raman thats awesome i like chicken and duck but i will have to try some more sushi and sashimi ^_^
I love chicken.. duck is ok for me but not big fans...
Erm sashimi you should try hotate (scallop), I bet you are going to love it. It is so yum especially the texture of the fresh hotate with a dip of shoyu + wasabi. YUMM

I'm trying to make okodomiyaki once I can get the mayonnaise of the Japanese store near my work place

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Tomba (Offline)
JF Regular

03-06-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I love chicken.. duck is ok for me but not big fans...
Erm sashimi you should try hotate (scallop), I bet you are going to love it. It is so yum especially the texture of the fresh hotate with a dip of shoyu + wasabi. YUMM

I'm trying to make okodomiyaki once I can get the mayonnaise of the Japanese store near my work place
the thing is i cant cook to save my life so i go to this japanese restaurant they do all sort of sushi and sashimi but i dont go for it where im not keen on fish but i will give it a go what would you say is the best sashimi?

(#18 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

03-06-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
the thing is i cant cook to save my life so i go to this japanese restaurant they do all sort of sushi and sashimi but i dont go for it where im not keen on fish but i will give it a go what would you say is the best sashimi?
I love to cook something my mum don't enjoy eating hahaha...
erm as for sashimi, it really depends on individual, for me I enjoy sake and hotate sashimi.. but you have to try to know which one do you like.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-06-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
yeh i would like to try a new place to compare but what are the prices like?
I can't remember, but they have a website that lists it all. I just remember it tasting like how I remembered. There's a place around the corner from Waxy's as well that was Okawari and is now 'Sushi gaga' or something like that, and they're pretty decent for the price. Avoid the dinner rush on a saturday because service is slow and the horrible 'sushi pizza' thing, but the rest is pretty darn good. There's an EXCELLENT okonomiyaki place in Museum street too called Abeno. it's about £8 for an okonomiyaki but it's really really good.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-06-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
出汁情報音沙汰無しダシ
Are you looking for a brand or a recipe? OP hasn't posted here since this thread opened, but maybe I can help.