JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CatherineV (Offline)
New to JF

Wink Influence multiculturalism and westernization in Japan - 04-25-2011, 05:49 AM

Hello.
I am currently a Year 12 student studying Society and Culture. As part of the course, each student is to complete a PIP, otherwise known as a Personal Interest Project.

My conducted question states: ‘How have multiculturalism and westernization altered people’s perceptions regarding the food industry, particularly in Japan and Australia, with reference to cooking programs?’

With reference to the effects within Japan, I was wanting to examine how multiculturalism (the existence of a range of different cultural practices within a society) and westernization (the way a country adopts the values common in major western countries) is evident within Japan.

If you are willing, it would be great to read your thoughts on how multiculturalism and westernization is evident in Japan, PARTICULARLY IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY!!

If you need some help answering, think about how McDonald's, an American fast food chain, has incorporated itself into Japanese cuisine, and how different cultures have integrated their foods into traditional Japanese foods.

Your feedback will be greatly valued and appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!